Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Three fire stations... and the zoo and MAIL!!!

Here are two zoo pic's. Piglet signing "hippo" and Diva feeding a goat...





Fun mail from Brian's woodshop

Today after dropping Diva off at school I decided to vacuum out the truck/car whatever, anyway. I took out Diva's car seat and was like there is no way I will get it in as tight as DH did, you couldn't move it the way he installed it. So I thought well might as well make a commissary run and go to the fire station for some help, I don't know of a car seat technicians close to me, or I would be their best friend. The first fire station I go to they get the seat in, no certified techs though and the seat can move a good five inches when I nudge it, and not even push it. So I go to another station on the way home, wonderful gentleman, no help with the car seat. Finally I drop the groceries off and go to another station where the guy actually had me sit in the seat and he tightened it. YAY! When it comes to car seats perhaps I wouldn't mind weighing more than I do LOL. I was thinking throughout the day how we're going to get another car seat in there when the baby comes, it sounds absurd since we have an 8 seater, the thing is the middle row is not captains seats, so if I wanted to put someone in the back I would have to fold a side seat down. I hope that the middle row will safely seat a marathon, regent and snugride. Then once the baby is out of the snugride I can almost guarantee that there is no way the regent and two rear facing marathons, DH said I might do good with a minivan for the ease... I teared up and he said I know you don't like them but still. UGH... We'll see for now I have the car seats on the two outer seats in the middle row. Piglet rear facing behind me - she's only 25 pounds, so she will be rear facing for a while yet. and Diva in the regent on the other side, she was in the middle but they were driving me nuts with their bickering.
Yesterday I took the girls to the zoo, we had such a good time. We got to take our time, look at things at our pace and we had a lunch I packed in the back of the car. Piglet really enjoyed all the animals she was so amazed. Seeing things through her eyes and even Diva's is so awesome. Everything is new, exciting, miraculous...
We got two pieces of fun mail today, a book and DVD of DH reading the book for the girls and a box from Brian's Woodshop... AMAZING, but more on that later. The girls were so excited to see Daddy and to look through the book, I am so glad he's able to send them. What a blessing!! Now Brian's Woodshop if you haven't been RUN, and if you don't have any of their toys RUN FASTER. Just gorgeous. I got this tool set from them for the girls I traded a few things. I was amazed when I opened the package - I haven't showed it to the girls yet. The workmanship is just ... well WOW... the toys are smooth, made beautifully. I am so pleased with them. Gorgeous and a great way to support a small family business.

1 comment:

  1. We're considering a minivan as well, and I DON"T like them either. But we may need to.

    ReplyDelete