Before I post about Piglet I wanted to just say- WOOO HOOOO!! I got so much cleaning done today! Thank you for nesting!
OK then, on to my sweet girl. This morning Diva was getting ready for school, we were eating breakfast and she was going to wash her hands so I said to her "Don't go near the toilet when you are in there, there are chemicals in there." I was going to clean in there, anyway. "Yes Mommy" and off she went. Diva must have heard all this because all day today when we went to the bathroom she kept saying "mik-les" over and over and at first I was like what are you talking about then we were in the kitchen and she pointed to the cabinet where all the dish detergent and stuff is and goes "mik-kles!" OHHHHH, light bulb went off and I go "yes, honey those are chemicals and we don't go near those." So that's her new word that she's been saying all day.
For lunch I gave her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, she thought it was the best thing since... well sliced bread. She ate a whole one- two pieces of bread. And the whole time she kept going, "mmmm" poor deprived child has never had peanut butter, I knew she wasn't allergic because she's had cookies with peanut butter and even peanuts, but it never occurred to me to give her a sandwich for lunch. I am so excited, this might mean some easy lunches for mommy to prepare! Before lunch I saw her standing with her thumb in her mouth so I scooped her up and rocked her and sat with her on the couch and she just looked up at me with her big brown eyes. When I put her down she said. "baby" and climbed on my lap again. I am going to miss these moments when the baby arrives, and when Piglet decides she's to big to be rocked. Piglet misses her sister when she's at school, sometimes we'll be sitting or playing and she will look up at me and go "Abb-roll?" which is what she calls Diva. So sweet that they love each other so much, they are such good friends, they fight like they love each other too LOL. Just watching Piglet dress herself and put her own shoes on and how much she learns each day is such a blessing. I am in such awe at how much little ones learn and how fast they grow. I feel so unbelievably blessed to have this opportunity, to be a mother, to have this time with my kids. I know I am blessed and I thank God for that. He is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment