Create in me a pure heart
Grant to me a new start
keep me walking close to you
Grant to me a new start
keep me walking close to you
Heal my indiscretion
Show me the direction
I must turn to be renewed
Have mercy on me (x4)
Show me the direction
I must turn to be renewed
Have mercy on me (x4)
This psalm and more particularly this song was put on my heart. What more is there to ask right now Lord? Have mercy on me, SO many times I let the world around me cloud my vision from you, rearrange my priorities, make me double minded and unstable (James 1:2-8).
I need YOUR wisdom, not my own feeble attempts, not what the world calls wisdom, what I need is you, what I desire is you. For you are perfection, your desires are perfect. Lord change my heart towards others- help me love the way you would want me to, despite my feelings, help me put my off the old man and put on the new DAILY Lord, HOURLY (Eph 4), I AM a new creation, I AM in Christ, I want to walk in you, in YOUR victory, honor you... why must I get wrapped up in things that do not matter. Change my heart oh God, may I decrease and you increase. Help me to see beyond myself. Help me to look at things with an ETERNAL perspective instead of an inward perspective. I have been so busy, and with what? Desiring what? Pursuing what? It's all but a vapor. Draw me near to you Lord, walk close to me that I would not waste the precious time I have here, the precious time with my girls- to show them who you are. While they build the foundation of faith on you, help me to be productive, to honor you to point always and ONLY to you. What will people see when they look back at me? Encounters with me? My life? Such petty things I have focused on, such little things I have let anger me, I have let distract me. Prone to wander , Lord *I* feel it, prone to leave the God I love, HERE is my heart Lord, take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above. Thank you that your mercies are renewed every morning, that you are long suffering towards us, ever faithful, Abba... Abba Father...
i found your blog about a month ago. i enjoy reading about your girls and your relationship with christ. i, too, crave a clean heart. i crave the lord to envelope my being and overflow in me.
ReplyDelete