Tuesday, March 25, 2008

WHAT A DAY! and Diva melts my heart

I am exhausted... I had an appointment at 11 am this morning at the OB/GYN clinic. so they saw me a bit late, I guess maybe 30 minutes, no big deal. The girls did really well waiting and sat during my appointment quietly. THEN I had to go to the pharmacy, goodness those people need a better system. we didn't get out of there until TWO in the afternoon, I seriously expected the girls- one or both of them to start whining, throwing a fit having a meltdown whatever and it would have been justified. I packed games, toys and snacks, but it was a LONG wait. And yes I had to take them, I didn't have sitter, but I will have a sitter next month that's for sure. But they did so good, they just sat and played with each other, took turns laying down in the stroller. Ugh I am so blessed. The appointment went well, I was surprised there was a heartbeat, but there was, the baby is still there, goo strong heartbeat. I was 115 lbs last time and 112 this time... I started out at 108 lbs so, not too bad I guess.
After that nonsense the girls and I walk out to the truck and I get a "beep" WARNING very low tire pressure. Oh junk, at this point I am starving, so are the girls (in spite of the snacks) and I am about to have a meltdown myself. I get out thinking, Lord please I don't want to have to change a tire on this Expedition. I checked the tires, looked ok, a bit low but ok enough for me to drive down the street to the Naval exchange. On the way there I told the girls, we need to pray that everything will be ok with the tire and that we all just need a little patience to get whatever needs to be done so we can go have lunch (2 hours late mind you) God bless those guys at the tire shop, they helped me last time I had a tire issue when DH was deployed and I was pregnant. So the guy is helping me at the tire shop, and he looks down and goes oh yes, this one's low because you have a nail in it. My heart sunk and I just prayed that they could get me in right away, and I squeaked out a "will it take long to get it fixed?" and he goes "wait here, I will fix it now" and he did, took about five minutes, didn't charge me and said it will last until I have to change the tire. He also didn't mind the girls watching and told Diva he had a granddaughter her age. Praise God.

I took the girls out for Pho today, and they both ate so well- hungry you think? After that it was too late to get an afternoon nap in so I asked Diva if she wanted to go shopping. I was thinking walk around the mall, go to TJmaxx something like that... and she goes "Yes!" so I ask here where do you want to go? Her response melted my heart, she said "you know mommy, to buy cereal and graham crackers and stuff, for people who don't have food to eat, that would bless them." A couple of weeks ago I didn't go grocery shopping for us, so I spent the money on groceries for the food pantry. The girls and I took the list of needs to the grocery store and we had by far the most pleasant grocery shopping trip ever, just filling our basket. She must have remembered that. What a sweet little kindhearted girl I have. In spite of who her mother is, she is so loving, caring and sweet. Especially after the crazy rough day we had... I mean we were out since the morning (it's about a good hour drive to the OB/GYN), waited forever, the girls went without lunch until late. I of course was just thinking lets go relax and have fun for ourselves. What a humbling experience. UGH stop focusing so much on YOURSELF woman! What a lesson.

7 comments:

  1. I'll happily babysit for you next time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww! Your children never cease to amaze me! I'm glad you had such a great day! ~Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I can teach my munchkin about matters of the heart as well as you have! You might not think it sometimes but you do such an amazing job. Kudos to the mama with the heart turned towards Jesus even when it's hard! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree w/ Sarah. Kuddos, Sis. You do such a GREAT job with the girls and I only hope to do the same with Elijah and the other kids.

    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bobby! How are you mama? hope the boys are well also...

    Jodie, thanks!

    Sarah Love you mama, how's the little man? Thank you!

    Vipha- thanks sis! tell the kids hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are amazing and so caring and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey again! Things are good here...hectic as usual, but good no less :)

    ReplyDelete