Monday, March 17, 2008

We're having a baby!!

Psalm 139:13-18
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.


Praise God for HIS indescribable gifts!!! We're having a baby! We found out right before DH deployed. We didn't really let anyone know, it was nice to just keep it within our family for a while. Diva is very excited, convinced there are two babies, but I think once I had an US that confirmed one baby she was like OK, that's fine too. The night I found out, by random chance I was feeling nauseated that day and thought, weird I wasn't due for a period and had one the month prior but I took one anyway, then I took two... then I was like OK... DH was flying so when he got home he was greeted by a sign that said "Welcome home daddy, love Diva, Piglet and baby #3. He's so cute. I think he's excited. I am too, I was pretty surprised, I mean we pretty much planned on being done, as per this post remember this? God had other wonderful plans for us. I know it's our third, but I am so very excited, just as excited as I was with the girls, if not more somehow. I was so nauseated (never sick- thank God), but the smell of just about anything made me just ill to my stomach. I couldn't cook meat or even look at it for the first trimester. It's gotten better, I still have some waves of nausea which has been comforting considering that I waited until at least the end of my first trimester to say anything to anyone about the pregnancy. I have been a bit reluctant to post anything about this pregnancy. For one it just hasn't felt right lately. I haven't really felt the baby kick and I did a couple weeks ago consistently at night. However I am pretty early on in the pregnancy (early second trimester now) that there wouldn't be much anyone could do. And as I said the waves of nausea are comforting signs. I did have an ultrasound at 12 weeks and the little one was too cute, perfectly formed hands and feet, little fingers, toes and a strong heartbeat. I wish DH would have been able experience that. Sure it's our third baby, but ultrasounds, heartbeats, kicking babies, the wonder and miracle of that never goes away.
DH took the picture of me with the third pregnancy test I took. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment