Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter...

I have nothing profound to say, this pretty much sums it up- MY REDEEMER LIVES!
It was a good day around here. The girls and I got up, got dressed... ran to the oven to take a peek at the Resurrection cookies we made the night before. Packed some up for church and we were on our way. Service, worship... it was awesome. I did miss DH so, we missed BOTH his calls yesterday. It's frustrating, I have to make myself get out of the house with the girls, we'll go stir crazy if we don't. But then I miss calls. Totally bites. After church the girls and I went out to brunch. I was wiped out by the time we got home. I decided tomorrow we would have Easter dinner. Diva wanted Udon noodles tonight, so it was.

Piglet misses daddy... oh Diva does too, but I expect her to. She's three, she understands more. But Piglet, she's what 20 something months? She has been crying for DH, sitting up in bed just crying "Daddy, Daddy" over and over again. What can I do? I can pray with her, for her, hold her, tell her daddy loves her and never wants to be away but has to be away. She can hardly understand any of it. All she knows is that she misses her daddy. I know he's where he needs to be, where God has him.. it's just one of those, I don't care if I am hurting, frustrated, sad. But my kids, I wish they didn't have to. I'll be glad when this is over. I am praying it's the last deployment for a long time. It's been too much, 8 in 6 years...
DH did say he sent the girls another package. I can't wait until it gets here, a new video for them to see him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment