Diva asked me today what it "thy word is a lamp unto my feet" meant. So I told her it's like when it is dark and we're walking we need light to help us see where to go, where it is safe. God's word is the light in our lives to show us the right way to go. She thought about it for a minute and goes, oh but it's light outside right now so we don't need it. Hmmm... ok well that wasn't exactly what I meant so I tried again. "It means that God's word tells us how to live and go the right way because we are lost." She seemed satisfied with that. Then this evening on our way home from dinner with Shell we were going down a dimly lit road, kinda back road and she goes, "Mommy, this is what the light is for to help us stay safe and go the right way and not get lost, like God's word is our light. It's a good thing there are lights here on the road." Hmm... I wonder if she understood what she said.
Now abut the toilet, little PSA (Public service announcement for you all) when placing your 20 month old on a toilet to go potty, don't let go. Even if she has proven herself before by balancing. Today I put Piglet on the toilet at the restaurant and I turned to help Diva wash her ands and plop, in went the little baby. I gasped really loud and a lady in the next stall goes "what!?" and I grabbed Piglet, whose eyes were as wide as saucers and started laughing so hard. To make things worse it was a toilet with an automatic flush! Diva said "mommy, that's not funny!" Oy, but it so was, I washed her off (clean toilet she hadn't gone, but still), before we left she didn't o potty again there. Poor kid she did laugh though and I don't think she's scarred or anything we came home and she went to the bathroom fine.
Love the bathroom story! I laughed as well. Thanks :)
ReplyDeleteThat's too cute, Sis! I miss you guys so much!
ReplyDelete