Saturday, March 29, 2008

This is what I need...


Dear God,
Help me to be still, be still and KNOW that YOU are God, you are MY God (Psalm 46:10) . Thank you so much that I can come boldly to your throne of grace, to obtain mercy and find help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16) How quickly I can freak out, jump to conclusions and not remember to be still, to hit my knees and search for you and your will for me. When will I ever learn this lesson? To cry out to you, and only you first and foremost, then and ONLY then to seek wise counsel that you have set before me. You have never let me down, been unfaithful, lead me in the wrong direction, yet still I let little things shake me up. But you Lord are my rock and my salvation, everlasting, strong, my foundation, my strength, you have never failed me. I choose to walk in that freedom, I know you are faithful, I know you are sovereign, and all things work for good for those that love God and are called according to YOUR purpose. Help me to honor you in all that I do and think, regardless of where I am at Lord. Help me to wait on you, to delight in you so that YOUR desires will burn in my heart. Not my own imperfect and selfish ones. Thank you so much for peace that surpasses all understanding, I am overwhelmed by it and it floods my heart, thank you that I am able to rest in you.
I love you


Things I need to hear and just let ring true in my heart right now...

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.


Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts I have towards you says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil to give you a future and a hope.


Psalm 27:14 Wait on the LORD, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say on the LORD!


Isaiah 40:28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable.


Psalm 34:7 Delight yourself also in the LORD, and HE shall give you the desires of your heart.


John 6:67-69 Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?" But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have to to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."


Psalm 23:2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.


Psalm 61:2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

2 comments:

  1. I have been praying this with you tonight. Listening over and over to Steven Curtis sing it, and asking the Lord to work it into my heart...to be still and know that HE is GOD! Listening to song after song filled with Truth reminding me of His grace. How we need it for each and every day, don't we?

    I love you, am praying for you and your family. Thanks for sharing these verses that I also need to meditate on and ask God to work them into my heart. Hope you have a restful night!

    Love,
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so needed to read those verses! If only I had come here and read them earlier! :o)

    ReplyDelete