Sunday, March 9, 2008

Diva wants to go to heaven/Easter

I am unsure if I have mentioned this but Diva has been talking about this a lot. Going to heaven to be with Jesus, how much she loves Jesus and how much He loves her, I mean. I am unsure I have mentioned it, I think because I usually talk to her about it, tell her about Easter, Christmas the death and resurrection of Jesus. I pray with her, we talk about how sin is disobeying God and how it makes him sad. And that is it... I admit, I haven't asked her if she wants to pray to receive Christ. I mean we pray and ask for forgiveness and help to obey, often (ha ha) around here. I pray with her and ask God for help to be more patient and loving. The thing is, she's three so I just figured, she's a child, she doesn't have a lot of understanding... well really how complicated is it? How complicated is "God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." I mean, really.

Luke 18:16-17
But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”
That is childlike faith, she has it. I have a mess of religion, man made rituals and everything else that hinders me from coming to God like a child, simply knowing the essentials, HE loves me, HE died for me, HE FORGIVES ME. I want to be with Him. Diva knows this, she loves Jesus, she knows He loves her, she wants to be with Him. She doesn't go about her day wondering weather or not He loves her, if she's doing the right things or not. She talks about being loving and gentle to others all the time. She isn't concerned about any ritual or religion, she just knows that Jesus wants us to be loving. She doesn't care what anyone else thinks about her love, how she projects it, she doesn't care how someone looks or talks she is blind to all of that, love is blind to all of that. Does she know the 10 commandments? Can she recite them? No, but you know what she DOES know? She knows, and is learning daily what it means to love your neighbor as yourself, to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul. Isn't that all there is to know?
Matthew 22:37-40
Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Our pastor did a teaching on grace and freedom in Christ, the core and simplicity of the gospel today. It really hit me hard, that as adults we complicate things. We set up roadblocks for ourselves, for others, for our kids. *I* set them up for myself, for my kids... *I* must bring them down... and I know that God will help me do so I just need to LET GO.
I am not saying that Diva has this huge understanding of the gospel and that she's going to know the whole scope of what salvation and redemption are. But I guess I am just saying I shouldn't discredit her little hearts desires, and I shouldn't complicate things too much. For her OR myself.
She is the only child in her dance class that knew what Easter was, this is a Christian school. All the kids said something about the Easter bunny, Diva (her teacher told me) said that the most important thing is Jesus, that He died for us. She's so right.
HA! Even after writing this I am still unsure with myself, unsure of what I am trying to say, still gripping on to "she's just a child", oh ye of little faith. Thank GOD He's in control...
Perhaps it's late and I need some sleep... but I think the baby is hungry so maybe a snack first... yes I said baby :-0, perhaps I will post about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment