I am not defined only by my "status" as a wife or mom. But those titles are parts of me and it's nice to be appreciated. I don't find my self-worth in those relationships, there is no need, my self-worth is so much more, it's Christ's blood on the cross, and I know that. I just love it when God reveals little "nuggets" through my other relationships to show His love for me and to show me that this is where I need to be. I am in His will. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
This morning started off cloudy and stormy and it has been so all day. I had to wake the girls up; I went into get Piglet first. I love sneaking up on the girls when they are still sleeping. Their faces so calm and peaceful. She was still asleep, her body relaxed and warm and cozy. I picked her up and tiptoed out of the room before Diva could wake up to “steal” a few moments with my youngest. Just like Diva she’s growing up too fast. She’s no longer a baby, she’s a toddler. This makes Diva a… well a child, and not a toddler. :-( Piglet snuggled right up to me with her little head and after a while she lifted her head, looked at me and kissed me with a big grin on her face. She’s so affectionate and loving. As soon as she saw DH she wanted to go to him and snuggle there though. I don’t blame her, more surface area to snuggle up into.
Due to the storm and tornado warnings the girls and I had lunch in our closet. I called DH and he laughed, I said “don’t laugh, we’re ‘ducking and covering.” The girls were excited to have a picnic in the closet, French toast, scrambled eggs and leftover pumpkin roll for dessert. Diva said she was scared, I told her the storm was quieting down and almost over and not to be scared, Jesus had been taking care of us all day, we had been safe all day. She asked me if it would go home. I said storms don’t really have a home they just go away. “Where do they go mama, why do they go away?” “Well, they just go away.” “How do they go away” she asked. Ahhh, again opportunity knocks; I love it when it does. So I tell her, “Jesus can tell them to go away, or to come and water our plants.” She’s quick to answer me, “They obey him right mama?” “Yes honey, they obey Him, did you know that once Jesus was in a fishing boat with His friends and it was scary and storming and the boat was going up and down!? They were all so scared but Jesus was sleeping! He wasn’t scared! They woke Him up and said to Him ‘Why are you sleeping?’ and Jesus said, ‘Why are you afraid?’ and Jesus told the storm to ‘Be still’ and it did! It got quiet, the boat was still and the storm went away;” Diva thinks about this for a moment and with wide eyes goes, “Wow.” She stils there for a minute quiet in thought. Yes my love, “Wow” is right; there is nothing other than awe and reverence for such power. To be able to see her for a split second realize just how big a miracle that was, how big our God is, and that in itself was our own little miracle given to us in our closet. In this child’s little heart and life a big God chose to reveal Himself. Even she knows that He is big.
Later in the day Diva said, “I’m still scared mama, of the tomatoes” (I had to giggle) “You mean tornadoes honey”, I said. She looked at me and goes “But we’re not afraid of pineapples!” See, she’s still a three year old, :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment