Thursday, October 4, 2007

Where babies come from...


I don’t know why I was thinking about this but it cracks me up every time I think about it. I think maybe because one of the mama’s on a board I frequent said her child asked where babies come from. Anyway, I was thinking about when Diva had asked DH to tell her about when she was born and where she came from… let me stop right here and put up a TMI warning… this is a bit graphic stop reading now if that bothers you… ok you were warned. So anyway Diva had just turned two,
and I had just had Piglet. DH and Diva were sitting in our room and she asked about where she came from, I think we were already talking about Piglet coming from my tummy. Well DH in all his infinite wisdom picks her up, curls her into a little ball, and holds her on his stomach and goes “you were in mommy’s tummy like this”. He then turns her over and goes “then you turned around like this” (can you see where this is going?) “Then mommy’s water broke and we went to the hospital” Diva is giggling at this point, upside down in the fetal position ready to “make her entrance”. DH then proceeds to make grunting and pushing noises saying “mommy was pushing and pushing” as he lowered her down to the floor through the “birth canal” Now at this point my jaw just dropped and I am at a loss for words. Diva however is cracking up and loving it. Well he finally said and then you were born. OY. Leave it to my DH one of the most reserved people in the world to explain the birthing process to a two year old with that much drama.
At least she knows how she got here… and both DH and I get a good laugh when we talk about it. I need to get that on video.
This is a Picture of Diva the first day we were home from the hospital, she looks so TINY!

No comments:

Post a Comment