Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Dinner on a whim...

All day today I haven't felt like cooking at all, but we gotta eat right? So I have been walking by the fridge on and off all day just staring in there. Finally at 1630 I realized that DH will be home soon so I need to throw something together. I love to cook, I hate cleaning up after and DH is on the South beach diet. Usually we aren't huge carb eaters but knowing that there are restrictions makes me feel limited. I finally decided to throw some jasmine rice in the rice cooker- none for DH and I seared some pork chops, removed them from the skillet. I tossed some sliced onions in the skillet, sautéed them, deglazed the pan with a tiny bit of chicken broth. I made a "marinade" with fresh grated ginger, soy sauce, orange zest, the juice from the orange, and oyster sauce. Yes, I know orange juice and soy sauce probably not on the list of things DH can have but hey in moderation right? I put the chops back in the pan, covered them with the onions and fresh asparagus spears, poured the marinade over it, covered the pan and put it all in the oven. It smells DIVINE, I hope it tastes good.
I folded four loads of laundry today. I despise laundry. But I had to get it done, I am getting sick of all this clutter. Blah, but the house is coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment