Sunday, October 7, 2007

it's 11:30 at night do you know what your kids are doing?

So it’s 11:30 at night, we had a full day. Woke up and DH watched the girls while I went to the commissary. After that we went to the church picnic, it was so HOT and both the girls ran around, played with water balloons and Diva jumped in a moon bounce for a LONG time. Surprising she’s usually scared of them but a friend’s son was in there helping her so she got the hang of it. After we headed out to Target where I got Diva some new shoes for church. I am a sucker for Patent leather mary-janes, the last pair Diva had she wore for almost a YEAR! That’s amazing for a toddler to stay in shoes that long, and they look brand new still, no scuffs or anything, so Piglet can eventually wear them. I got them for
$40-something bucks at a local children’s boutique. I prefer to buy shoes there because they wear better, last longer and what not. The last time I bought shoes at target she complained they hurt her feet so I ended up at the boutique again. But DH said he is growing so fast it makes no sense to spend that much on her shoes- I spent that much on her school shoes a couple of months ago. So I bought some at target, and if she can wear them great, if not I will go to the boutiqueJ. After Target, we came home and we girls took a nap… Piglet slept from 3 until 7 – I should have gotten her up, and would have but I was asleep too. So we had a late dinner, watched “the Next Iron Chef” and attempted to put the girls to bed.
Before I finish this up, I had the brilliant idea of putting the girls in the same room so that we could use Piglets room as a playroom and put the treadmill and recumbent bike in there also. Ulterior motive- more space in my craft room. The play room looks great, the exercise equipment is behind Piglets dresser which is her “dressing station” and the toys are on the other side of the room. And in Diva’s room, now the girl’s room we have room for a second queen bed if Piglet moves into a “big girl” bed while DH is stationed here. Now all this is fine and dandy… except it was already hard enough putting Diva to bed, she had always been a GREAT sleeper, no issues, 12 hours straight until I would say 9 months ago? She started coming out of her room, with every excuse in the book. So pair a three year old who comes out of bed 5 times before she actually falls asleep with a 14 month who just wants to sleep but can’t if her big sister is moving around and you get looonnnng nights.
They are both fine once they get to sleep and it’s gotten much better but tonight I could hear them giggling in there and what not so finally I checked the monitor. The lights are on in the room, Diva isn’t even in her bed, and Piglet is giggling. So I go in there, the closet is open, Diva jumps in bed. There is a book, a roll of toilet paper, a brush, tissues, a broken hanger and a naked baby in the crib… niiiceee. OY. I ask Diva where Piglet’s nighty is- its zip up sleeper Piglet can’t take it off herself, Diva tells me she took it off and put it in the play room. They both are giggling… so I dress the baby, let DH know and now he’s cracking up. Diva goes to the bathroom, runs to the kitchen and informs me that “the candle is still burning mama! That is NOT good” I told her I knew and would blow it out before I went to bed.
I hate to say anything but I think they have settled in for the night. I am headed off to bed soon also. I am so happy DH is home. I missed him so much this last deployment.
Yesterday (BTW) Shell and her little man came to visit for lunch. Diva was so excited… she asked every hour the day before “is Aunt Shell coming yet with the baby?” I made spaghetti and meat sauce, foccacia which I am going to make tomorrow for sandwiches it’s was so good, spaghetti squash, and a salad. For dessert we had ice cream and I made little caramel cups that fell but still tasted good. We had a great visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment