I asked Diva what she wanted to be when she got older. She said, "an adult, a mom and a doctor". Really??? SO I asked her, "what does a doctor do?" "they check babies and make them better" "OK what does a mommy do?" "they bake" "they bake? Is that all mommies do?" Diva goes "they bake for us". Too cute.
On Sunday night Diva and I baked cupcakes for Shell's birthday celebration, she was heavy handed with the sprinkles, but that's OK. She loves being in the kitchen, counting eggs, cups of flour and mixing tings, sifting ingredients. It seems to be her element, her favorite toy is her kitchen set. We baked mini cupcakes to freeze for packed lunches and she helped me sink a chocolate chip into each one. She's a good little helper.
Shell's birthday celebration was on Monday night, so you guessed it, we went to Logan's steakhouse. We had a blast. Good times, Good friends, Good food.
Today the girls and I met Shell at an Indian restaurant for lunch it was SO VERY GOOD. YUM. I long for a good international cuisine grocer around here but no such luck. So i asked the owner of the restaurant where she got her groceries... she drives 8 hours (a total of 16 hours) EVERY Sunday to get ingredients for the week. I told her she should sell groceries also. She's considering it. Perhaps I can get to know her and be able to send a list with her one weekend? One can only dream.
hey natesgirl! you left a comment on my blog about the phyllo triangles, and yes, they work fine at room temp-- no need to heat them up. hope you enjoy them and enjoy trying different fillings (applesauce, dried fruit, and nuts-- yum!).
ReplyDelete