Ok two things before I blog this... one it's about birth control so obviously female parts might be discussed. Two- a little background:
Dh and I are pretty much done having kids. We've talked about it, I have decided and well, he's on board :-). I have to admit I have flip flopped about it a few times which is why an IUD is a good idea as opposed to something more permanent. I have an an IUD before, no real issues, I recently took my self off of Yasmin because it made me SO angry and irritable I felt sorry for my DH and kids and was tired of being an emotional wreck.
I have been trying to get an IUD placed for about 2 1/2 months, would have done it sooner but I didn't want to get a sitter, would have had it at my 6 week postpartum... if I would have gone to that- yeah I know bad oh well. MIL (mother-in-law) was here about 2 1/2 months ago and so she watched the girls when I went in. Turns out I had to have a consult first and after that I made an appointment for insertion. I go to that appointment, take the pregnancy/blood test before it just to make sure I wasn't pregnant and... the lady who had all the IUD's locked up was not in that day. Total waste of time. So the Doc gives me a referral to another base and they couldn't get me in for a MONTH. Now that already irritated me, then again I started the Yasmin in the meantime for back up and ... well everything irritated me. So I finally have my appointment this morning. I call to ask if I should go in early for the blood work, I am informed by the nurse that they will NOT put an IUD in without a consult, never mind that I had a consult already. So I get there and I am talking to the NP and she is asking family history and so on and she goes "well, when do you plan on having more kids?" and I, having an out of body experience go "within the next year" WHAT??? I corrected myself right away and said "I am sorry, I meant we're done, I don't know what I was thinking, we're done, no more for us." but it was too l ate the damage had been done, she said she would give me something else because an IUD really isn't for someone who wants to get pregnant in a year. Forget the fact that I said we were done. She said if I still felt that way come back in six months and she would put on in. UGH!!!! So here we go again...
I guess I am just not meant to have one in. I hope what she gave me is effective and doesn't make me irritable, because then how will I know if it's a side effect or that I am just irritated that I had a "foot in mouth" experience? grrrr
Sorry you got the run-around! I have to LOL at what you said though!
ReplyDelete