This past weekend at Cost plus World Market I came across this little box and it was only $10 so I snatched it up. DH did make a comment about “How many bentos do you need?” but considering he bought 18 bars of Milka chocolate I am not the one going overboard here Yes he was in phase one of the South Beach diet, the man has some serious will power too, I made a delicious (but not yet blogged about) batch of Pumpkin spice ice cream and he didn’t budge. We even went out to Logan’s steak house last Monday with some friends (GTDM and Shell) and he didn’t have a single yeast roll, so I made up for that and had three myself :-). I will say that today we went to dinner (again with the same friends) at Logan’s and he made up for not having yeast rolls last week. This may turn into a weekly dinner meeting and I for one will not complain. Shell is one of my best friends and I am so excited they have moved back here. Besides I did buy a case of Sue bee honey (12 bottles) on Friday, blame it on the heat stroke and the five hours of
standing in line, I have no clue what I am going to do with 12 bottles of honey. Back to my point, honey will be good on those yeast rolls. We had a wonderful time, I got to hold their sweet baby boy and I must say for a split second I thought you know what? We need another baby in the house, then my sanity returned and I just enjoyed the moment. Besides I might be able to convince them to keep having babies so there will always be one to hold, I mean why not, they make cute babies. Diva has decided that she wants two more babies in the house, this is a big jump from the adamant “NO more babies, we have one and I love her” from last week. She would love a girl baby she says.
In Diva’s lunch today was half a Bao dumpling, I bought a pack at the Thai market on Sunday they looked so good and were fresh. Some raisins (shudder- see the note at the bottom about raisins), slices of orange, Pocky, broccoli florets, grape tomatoes, and carrot flowers- which took very little time to cut surprisingly. I packed it all the night before and asked Diva’s teacher to warm the Bao for 30 seconds on a plate I packed with her lunch. Diva ate everything but the Bao so I warmed it for her and she ate it when we got home. Piglet and I had the same thing for lunch.
All in all it was a productive day, the Monk’s bench DH ordered got here and it’s spectacular. I am very excited to get our house in order and just homey, and by the time I do maybe we’ll get orders to PCS somewhere.
*Note- a little note about raisins… they scare me. I hate them. I will occasionally eat them in a cookie or something but I won’t eat them plain. I make awesome oatmeal raisin cookies but refuse to make them unless DH is home to take them out of the oven. They freak me out the way they pulsate in the oven when the butter re-hydrates them *shudders*, it’s just wrong, just about everything about raisins is wrong. How they are made, what they look like and feel like when they are plumped and re-hydrated… ugh I am going to have some serious nightmares. I don’t mind giving the girls boxes of raisins, I can just give them the boxes and not have to look at them… well I guess I do have to look at them when Piglet has them since they basically come out whole, but that is a whole other topic. YUCK.
standing in line, I have no clue what I am going to do with 12 bottles of honey. Back to my point, honey will be good on those yeast rolls. We had a wonderful time, I got to hold their sweet baby boy and I must say for a split second I thought you know what? We need another baby in the house, then my sanity returned and I just enjoyed the moment. Besides I might be able to convince them to keep having babies so there will always be one to hold, I mean why not, they make cute babies. Diva has decided that she wants two more babies in the house, this is a big jump from the adamant “NO more babies, we have one and I love her” from last week. She would love a girl baby she says.
In Diva’s lunch today was half a Bao dumpling, I bought a pack at the Thai market on Sunday they looked so good and were fresh. Some raisins (shudder- see the note at the bottom about raisins), slices of orange, Pocky, broccoli florets, grape tomatoes, and carrot flowers- which took very little time to cut surprisingly. I packed it all the night before and asked Diva’s teacher to warm the Bao for 30 seconds on a plate I packed with her lunch. Diva ate everything but the Bao so I warmed it for her and she ate it when we got home. Piglet and I had the same thing for lunch.
All in all it was a productive day, the Monk’s bench DH ordered got here and it’s spectacular. I am very excited to get our house in order and just homey, and by the time I do maybe we’ll get orders to PCS somewhere.
*Note- a little note about raisins… they scare me. I hate them. I will occasionally eat them in a cookie or something but I won’t eat them plain. I make awesome oatmeal raisin cookies but refuse to make them unless DH is home to take them out of the oven. They freak me out the way they pulsate in the oven when the butter re-hydrates them *shudders*, it’s just wrong, just about everything about raisins is wrong. How they are made, what they look like and feel like when they are plumped and re-hydrated… ugh I am going to have some serious nightmares. I don’t mind giving the girls boxes of raisins, I can just give them the boxes and not have to look at them… well I guess I do have to look at them when Piglet has them since they basically come out whole, but that is a whole other topic. YUCK.

No comments:
Post a Comment