We have been so busy! DH’s parents, older sister, her DH and their three kiddos were here for a visit. It was such a blessing to see everyone; we haven't seen SIL and her family since they moved to Uganda as missionaries. The kids had so much fun, what a blessing for them to be able to get together and play. I got to cook a lot. That was fun. I love family and big meals. We went to the beach, shopping and had a happy "un-birthday" party for all the kids. Complete with cake, king crab legs, roasted pork loin and a huge box of fireworks. It was fun to have them celebrate with a little party since we never see each other for birthdays. On their last night here I wrapped about 30 spring rolls! Whew. God is so good to us. SO good to us. We have wonderful families, relationships... we are so richly blessed. We miss them dearly already; time went by way too fast. And as it looks now traveling to Africa is not in our near future. Especially with so many changes that may be coming up for us.
DH has started his online class and needs to go to the campus to complete the lab for the course. It's two Saturday's in a row. So the girls and I are tagging along. In retrospect I am unsure it was such a good idea, I mean we want to be with DH and see family, but I am struggling with budgeting right now. We're not in debt really, we just don't want to do anything to get to that place. Live a little I guess. I am just praying that cost and finances will not be hanging over my head the whole time we are there. DH insists that we have tickets we need to enjoy ourselves. I guess I need to just let it go. We'll be in Seattle staying with DH's youngest sister and her DH. I am really praying hard that the girls and I do ok there, SIL and her DH have two dogs. Diva and I are allergic, probably me more so than Diva as far as sinuses etc, but I do worry about her eczema. But it will be great for the girls to see their aunt and uncle. Go to Pike's market, the aquarium, zoo, have a trophy cupcake, go to the spice market, maybe even have English tea, and DAISO!! Yup you read that right Daiso, great cheap place for Bento supplies!!! I am so excited. It's kind of absurd that when I think vacations I think of local foods, shopping for local foods and tastes. I am such a wanna be foodie. If you have any must see or must do things in Seattle drop me a line in the comment box! I would love that.
The girls start their second session of swim lessons on the 8th of this month but I might reschedule for the next session since they would miss 3 days when we are in Seattle. They really enjoyed the first session and we were so blessed to be able to sign them up for two sessions with the money my parents sent for them. It's been so hot here I could sit in the pool all day. The beach wears me out though; it's the walking in the soft sand that makes my stomach just cramp up.
Speaking of stomach, we have a mover and a shaker, this little darling is constantly moving. I am not bothered by it, it's very noticeable even if you are just sitting next to me. But lots of movement= healthy baby. So I can't complain. Ultrasounds have been looking good, and my last weigh in I was 118.8 pounds? I started at 112 so not bad I am probably 123 ish right now, so slow and steady. Diaper stash way more than complete. Nursery just needs to be put up. Perhaps that will happen when I really start nesting. I am not very motivated I guess. One thing the ultrasound tech did say to me was, " how much did you other kids weigh?" I told her 5 and 8 pounds, she was so kind to inform me that this little peanut will most definitely NOT be a five pound baby... thanks for the encouragement lady. I am just praying that delivery goes well with no complications. I still long for a home birth, birthing center, or something, some where more geared towards natural births, that understands that yes we are blessed to have the medical knowledge that we have now, but that it isn't always wise to use it when not needed. I will be more firm and adamant than I was with Piglet on certain things during this delivery.
I am rushing to get this Under the Sea birthday party put together. Tomorrow we have some errands to run to pick up supplies. Hopefully I can start now and won't be too rushed the day of the party. Then again if it isn't done by then it doesn't need to be done. I do want to start on the hanging crab, fish and jelly fish soon though. The plans are coming together and I am excited. This is a bit off topic but I hope they don't get gifts, or many at that. They just have so much already. I considered putting "Your presence is gift enough" on the invites, but I didn't want people to assume that gifts were expected. And I have ready several different views on it all... blah, oh well. Sigh, oh well, maybe they will get books LOL.
The day before the party as a surprise for the girls I got tickets to the theater for them to see The Spell of Sleeping Beauty. Aurora is Diva's favorite Disney Princess. I can't wait to take them. DH will be home by then also. Yes, he's going to be gone again. But for a very short time and for a pretty awesome thing. Perhaps once it's all over and done with I will blog about it. I am so very proud of him.
Piglets birthday is in TWO days!!! EEEP she's going to be two. I may do a special dinner and take the girls to the water park or something. But as it is I have an OB appointment and lunch date with some friends. So we shall see. Besides they are having a party as it is. She will hardly know the difference. I did say I wanted her out of diapers and pull ups by the time the baby was born but she's only had ONE morning where she's woken up wet in the past two weeks, so perhaps she's almost done potty learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment