Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Piglet's birthday, a LONG day out and I won something!

('ve removed pictures)
Today is my sweet little Piglet's birthday. I can't believe how time flies! She's grown and learned so much. And by the grace of God in spite of who her parents are she is a loving, gentle, sweet and smart little girl. I can't believe that she is now running around, taking, potty learned, dancing and singing. It's amazing. Here is a picture I took of her as a newborn- with a point and shoot too, impressed? LOL
And here she is today. What a beautiful little girl, I guess maybe I could be biased, but I doubt it.
I took her and Diva to get haircuts yesterday. I do have some recent "before" pictures, but I haven't asked permission from the parents of the other children to post them. This is the most recent I could find and it was actually taken last month.Here is a picture of Diva's new haircut. I think it suits her... and she hasn't twirled her hair since. She has a habit of putting terrible knots in her hair.

On to our day, we woke up and snuggled with Piglet, asked her how old she was and she knew. DH got in late last night so he slept while the girls and I met some friends for lunch. The girls did so good, as with all kids you can never tell if they are going to be really good or not. After lunch I had an OB appointment, baby's heart rate is good and I weighed in at 123.7 pounds. So moving up there. I am worried I Will get stretch marks, I haven't with the girls but still. Yes, that was random. Anyway while at the appointment i was informed that I would need some lab work, no biggie, until I get to the lab and they tell me I needed my one hour glucose. That would have been god information to know before the appointment. I just looked over at my girls who had spent the morning being so patient and well behaved at lunch and then again during my appointment where they sat quietly in a chair and I just thought, Lord now what. Can I really expect them to behave for another hour, an hour that is going into their nap time? I decided to stay and have the test done. The girls sat and read magazines, cleaned the waiting room- by that I mean they stacked all the magazines neatly on the tables and drew pictures. I am so blessed. Really at that point I would think they would be tired and cranky. After that I took them out for a slushy at Sonic. I had to run errands, I was already in the city and I thought well it's one stop I can be quick, the girls had a slushy to hold them over. I went to get some wool roving and felting supplies and some food dye for the girls birthday cake. I am excited about felting and learning more about it, so it was nice that roving and supplies were on sale. While we were there DH called and said that he got a phone call informing him that I won something. The caller asked if he was my father, LOL. Turns out I won TWO American Girl dolls! Kit and Ruthie, if you are wondering which ones. I can't believe it. I never thought I would win the drawing! I took the girls to pick them up, probably against my better judgement, by the time we drove there is was dinner time so I bought the girls dinner, still no melt downs or tantrums- I was pushing it though. I did hide the dolls. I think my girls are a bit young for them, but I haven't decided I will ask DH about it. But it's a blessing I don't think I would have ever bought them AG dolls. I like them, but they are pricey for being mass produced and I have already bought them dolls from Hillcountry Dollmaker, for her site click here. Amazing dolls by the way, just gorgeous and well made. I am happy though that I won these dolls I am sure the girls will love them. They are beautiful. Here is a picture of them. What a blessing.
All in all it was a long but great day. Diva loved telling everyone who would listen that it was Piglets birthday and that her birthday was coming up also. Speaking of birthdays, Diva decided she wanted a mermaid cake, instead of a sandcastle cake. So, I found one I want to make I just have to rescale it and pray that I can cut it out right the first time. I would have gotten an Ariel mold and done that but I am too cheap to pay for a mold I will only use once. So wish me luck. Everything but the food has been purchased for the party, I need to start making those sea creatures... oy...

1 comment:

  1. Lunch was fun! Piglet shares a birthday with my sis-in-law!

    ReplyDelete