Do you see that sweet face? Those gorgeous eyes? So innocent... that's not frosting by the way. That happens to be play makeup. Piglet decided that today she didn't need a nap, instead she found Diva's play makeup and... well you can see for yourself. Now she did get in trouble, we didn't laugh although it was funny and DH did take pictures. We cleaned her up, and put her back to bed. She finally decided to sleep. What ever will I do when my girls drop this afternoon nap? They sleep from 1 or 2-5 pm... yes they still sleep at night, 12 hours as a matter of fact, but lately they have been getting up later. They are good sleepers. Always have been since 8 weeks old. I thank God for that. Anyway, I happen to like the free time or at this point in the pregnancy, nap time for myself also. Oh well. What's sleep anyway when you have a newborn in the house? Might as well get ready for it.
We think Piglet is potty learning at night on her own. She wakes up gives a little cry and one of us goes in takes her to the bathroom and she goes right back to bed. How I ever was blessed enough to have two children that were easy to potty learn is beyond me. I hope the third is this easy too. I did order some cloth trainers, I wonder if we will be needed them after all? She's in panties during the day. I am not complaining.
I had Shepherds Pie today, I don't recall ever having it before. It's never appealed to me. I am not a big white potato eater, casseroles do nothing for me... but I made one tonight. OK I actually went overboard on the meat so I ended up with two, one to freeze and one for dinner tonight... and tomorrow night. Which is fine Sunday's are so busy with church that leftovers for dinner are welcomed. DH and the girls liked it and I did too surprisingly. While it was in the oven I was talking to DH about it and I told him I hope it tastes right I haven't had it before, the more we talked about it I discovered that the Shepard's pies DH has eaten have cheese on top so I ran to put cheese on top. I am so clueless. I did use frozen vegetables, I was too lazy to cut carrots and such and steam them. But I think next time I will use fresh vegetables. I do think it would be great with leftover lamb stew. Which would be more appealing to me. The "recipe" is here at GPAC.
I did bake some chocolate chip cookies for the church staff tomorrow. I think I have finally tweaked the recipe enough that this will be the recipe I use for chocolate chip cookies from now on. I like them chewy, soft, a tiny bit crispy on the outside. NO shortening in them- yuck, real butter, some coconut oil, and blended oats. YUM...
NOW, the important stuff- if you could spare some prayers for SIL and her family. They just found out that their landlord is terminating their lease. They are missionaries in Uganda. From the last experience house hunting is no walk in the park there. Please pray for God to go before them and prepare a place for them, that doors that should be closed are closed and ones that He wants open for them are just very clearly opened. Pray for safe travels back to Uganda for them and of course for the harvest there, for soft hearts and God's Spirit to continue to move and change people. God is good and ever so faithful!
That picture is absolutely gorgeous! What a face....
ReplyDelete