Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Well... we finally got home yesterday...

I guess that's pretty good considering our first flight LEFT Seattle on Sunday night at 10pm... UGH. I HAD... a... BAD... EXPERIENCE. Almost 48 hours of travel time.
My hips and lower back are killing me and I can hardly walk. BLAH. I would like to say that the floors in the Detroit airport are not made for pregnant women, or anyone to sleep on. When we got to Atlanta Northwest airlines did get us a hotel room and food vouchers. DH and I were very impressed with their customer service this whole trip, however we won't be flying anywhere again soon. We've had enough for a while.
It's so good to be home though, I had so much work to catch up on that I needed done on Monday, but when I turned on the desktop yesterday it crashed. So DH is fixing it soon, other than that I am using his laptop for now, it's lighter than mine. Any data on the desk top that I needed to work with is not accessible. So I am doing as much emailing as I can to get information from people etc. If you are in a co op I am running or anything else of the sort email me and I can sort it all out.
Last night I tried again to take an iron pill, so the fatigue, pain in the hips and lower back were nicely accompanied with some nausea. OY. I will have to find an alternative. The baby is dong well, very active so I can't complain.
As I stated before we took the car into the dealership on July 16th to get the shattered lift gate fixed, it was our plan to get it fixed while gone then pick it up when we got back and drive it home... fixed. We had talked to insurance and everything. Well of course it wasn't fixed so we picked it up, spent lots of time on the phone with everyone and now have to take it back again next week. Amazing.
Our trip other than all the transportation issues with the Expedition, air planes and even the damage to the rental car was WONDERFUL. We had a great time with SIL and BIL. It was nice and relaxed. We got to see some of Seattle, not all of it, there is no way to see it all I am convinced. The girls had a blast.
I am on strict orders from DH to take it easy today, no unpacking or anything- alright I did unpack but I didn't put everything away, shhh. We're keeping meals simple until I can move around more. But I was itching to get back into my kitchen. So tonight we're having fruit, cheeses- brie, jalapeno cheese, Gouda and a mild colby jack with a loaf of Irish Soda bread I made this morning for dinner. While in Seattle the girls and I went with SIL and our cousin to Pike's market one Saturday while DH was in school and we had lunch at an Irish Pub that had divine Irish Soda bread. We shared a platter of fruit and artisan cheeses and bread for lunch. The girls also had steak and kidney pie with me. It was nice to cook something- we cooked at SIL's house but we also ate out a lot which I actually love to do, but I was feeling miserable and some people clean when they feel bad or eat, I like to cook. It's therapeutic. I may post on GPAC tonight with the Irish Soda Bread recipe, but don't hold your breath, my house is a mess and I am so very tired.
Perhaps I will actually get around to posting highlights of the trip soon. Who knows. Hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

  1. I so wish I would have known you were all flying through Atlanta!!! I could have come up there and picked you guys up for the night! Next time that happens you need to let me know you will be flying through Atlanta and Ill be there LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I hate that you were prego in the airport and uncomfortable. I am so sorry!!! :o(.......

    ReplyDelete