Tonight we went to Logan's Steak house and then took the kids to the carousel at the mall (free rides, I am too cheap to pay $3 a child for each ride), then we had some dessert there. We used to go to Logan's with our friends every week but things have gotten so busy. So it was nice to see them and hang out. The girls love our extended family here, it's nice to have some "auntie's", "cousins" and an "uncle" close by. Life gets so busy it's hard to cultivate friendships and pour into them like we should. Sometimes I need to take a step back from the busyness and do that, it's so very important, THEY are so very important.
The party is this weekend. I still have what seems like a ton to do. Most of it can't be done until the day before so there isn't much I can do about that. I am wondering if I should tweak my cream cheese frosting recipe to make it more stable since the party is outside, and it will be hot. I am unsure. I have stabilized whipped cream for icing but not the cream cheese. The recipe is so good with the whole wheat carrot cake that I don't want to use a butter cream icing. Maybe if use the cream cheese for the base then embellish with butter cream? How odd would that taste I wonder? I plan on keeping the cake in the freezer until we leave, it should be thawed by cutting time. I have been following up on RSVP's and updating the list. I hope to get some grocery shopping done for last minute things in the next couple of days.
Today I was so nauseated... UGH sooo sick. I haven't gotten sick, like vomiting sick this whole pregnancy, as a matter of fact none of my pregnancies made me that sick unless there was another underlying reason to make me so. Well, the midwife put me on iron pills, they make me sick anyway, always have. THREE times a day. I took my first dose this morning and couldn't do anything but lay still in the bed until 4 pm with my eyes closed. I was so sure I would vomit every time I had to get up to help the girls. I just thank God they are so good. They just hung out and then I warmed lunch, after that I let them watch some TV and they went down for a nap shortly after. I am so blessed. I never did get physically ill today, yesterday however I had my three hour glucose tolerance test, fasting of course. Ugh, for one we don't drink carbonated beverages, it's very rare around here. So I had to down two bottles of that nasty stuff, after 1 1/2 bottles were down I told the lab tech there was no way I Would get the rest down without being sick. He said then I would have to reschedule and try again later. Well, I already drove the hour it took to get there, drank 1 1/2 bottles so I said fine, I will try it. And I got it all down, it came right back up though. So I went and talked to my midwife she said I could take my blood sugar 4 times a day for a couple weeks and that would be fine. Whew... I did have gestational diabetes with Diva- that pregnancy and labor and delivery were by far the easiest, I ate healthy, walked a mile a day and had her in less than an hour and three pushes. With Piglet I didn't have it, so I ate a little less healthy, didn't exercise, well I did run after Diva but still. So her labor and delivery took about 5 hours, a few pushes. Yes I am sure a walk in the park compared to others but not for me. Anyway, my sugars have been fine. The whole iron three times a day though? Not happening, I need to call the midwife tomorrow. I know I need it but there's gotta be some other something I can take.
Hey girl...I had that same problem w/ all three of mine. I couldn't hold down the iron pills for the life of me. Sooo they gave me liquid iron (tastes like nails LOL) and I took 3/4 of a tsp 3-4 times a day and it worked. It kept my anemia under control. You should try that and see if it works a little better. It is easier for your body to digest.
ReplyDelete