We've got family in town the girls are so excited to see their cousins and family. DH's sister and family are visiting from Africa, they are missionaries there. We're having a blast.
ALSO my new camera came in, and although I don't like change I do love the little camera. It's a smaller Nikkon. I still would like a point and shoot to take on beach trips etc so hopefully there will be some sales on those coming up.
Let's see what else... We're going to Seattle for about 10 days next month! YAY!!!!!
I am planing the girls birthday party... here is what I have so far-
I am doing a little mermaid party at the beach/pavilion
(it's only 37 bucks to rent a covered area near the water so I thought that was cool)
I thinking
as far as activities three or four of these...
pinata
a craft table for making tiara's
coloring sheets (for those who want to sit a while)
pin the tiara on the mermaid
feed the shark (a big cardboard box with a shark on it and the mouth cut out and fish shaped bean bags to throw in)
pass the package
maybe some beach toys?
food
build your own taco bar- I would grill but I want DH to spend time with the girls since he's leaving shortly after the party to travel again
little fish bowls (clear plastic cups)) with blue jello and gummy fish
gold fish
sweet sushi http://www.browniepointsblog.com/2006/04/09/how-to-make-sweet-sushi/
http://www.kansas.com/living/food/story/436089.html
sand castle cake
luncheon salad- yummy it has pineapple, grapes, greens grilled chicken
fruit salad
I am going to make these cute sea creatures to hang from the ceiling, streamers from the ceiling to be like sea weed...
i want a bubble machine too
here is the wording for the invites....
I finally choose wording number 2!!!! The invtes are so cute a picture of Ariel on the front flap and in the inner part there is a picture of Ariel cutting a cake and information. I also go the cutest Little Mermaid confetti to add...
(I am including a note to parents about towels, sunscreen, and swimsuits...)
(I always make the invites cuz i am cheap)
anyway
quote:
Dive right in- swim this way!
It’s time to celebrate
Diva's 4th and Piglet’s 2nd
Birthdays!
quote:
From under the sea and onto the shore bring a swimsuit and come see what's in store. We'll splish, splash, play games and more, Piglet is turning two and Diva is turning four!
quote:
From under the sea and onto the shore for fun and games, come see what's in store. We'll run, play, eat cake and more, Piglet is turning two and Diva is turning four!
I worded the last two different, I am unsure if we will do water games, it's right on the water but it's a little bit rocky, but like 20 feet away it's nice and sandy...
The favor bags are done...
ALSO which cake???
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50165 scary armless mermaid?
or intimidating to make sand castle?
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50528
any other fun ideas you might have I would love to hear them, just leave me a comment thanks!!!
Okay, you kick my rear when it comes to parties! Maybe I should hire you next time??? :-) Sounds like tons of fun...I'm really sad we probably won't be here.
ReplyDeleteI'll chat w/ you soon!
Love ya ~
Sounds like fun!! Can't wait for the pictures. I like the 2nd invitation wording, too. My vote is for the sand castle cake. Have you ever made sand pudding. Another fun & yummy dessert.
ReplyDeleteI'm doing Princess' birthday tomorrow. I can't believe she's one already! I can't wait to post the cupcake pictures. Did those tonight. They came out beautiful. Very happy with them. I'll ice the cake tomorrow. Hopefully that will turn out just as nice.