Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden's death- my reaction

I haven't followed the news. I haven't read too many thoughts and opinions. I am uneducated as to what's going on, how the public is feeling. Aside from some facebook and forum posts. I'm a military wife and maybe my response isn't appropriate for a military wife. But here are my thoughts

I don't rejoice in Osama's death. I understand why people do- I truly do. I am glad for the teeny bit of clousure/justice this will bring to some. I am not making light of their loses and grief at ALL. I AM relieved that he's not here hurting people, yet there will always be that on earth. A man has perished from his earthly body, but more than that- a SOUL has faced his judgment. I am certain God had a heavy heart with judging that man. With all men, all mankind. How could a JUST and LOVING God NOT have a heavy heart? Our sin no matter how small- or big,  heaps God's JUST judgment. God wants sinners to repent and not perish. He is long suffering towards us. So before you think- a loving God just judged Osama Bin Laden an eternity apart from Him. Think of those long years after 9-11 God gave him, time to reflect, repent. While man cried "JUSTICE!" I did too. I wanted him gone and am glad he is gone, but God in his long suffering whispered, "redemption", just turn and repent.

God doesn't rejoice in man's perishing. God's view of perish is more eternal and of the soul.  It's not leaving these earthly bodies. I believe that God gives and takes- including life. Bin Laden's death was violent- perhaps rightly so... I believe that you reap what you sow. Grace, mercy, forgiveness, love... all wonderful lovely things. As much as they are wonderful, sin is ugly. It separates us from our Creator.

4 For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;
No evil dwells with You.
5 The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes;
You hate all who do iniquity.
6 You destroy those who speak falsehood;
The LORD abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit (Psalm 5:4-6).

It actually makes me sad that this mans soul will face such judgment. Repentance would have saved him from that. Am I relieved that his body is not on this earth? YES. I am still sadden that he will forever be apart from Christ.
I know I deserve the same judgment.  I thank Jesus that His blood spares me from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment