Friday, May 20, 2011

2011 NKOTB Cruise Day 2

See ya later, Destiny!


Day 2, Friday May 13.
Thank you Jesus for 24 hour room service. Coffee, half and half and fresh fruit in the AM to get us moving. Then breakfast on the Lido deck with all my sisters buzzing around! There wasn't much sleep to be had but I didn't care. The Half Moon Cay concert was today! I was so excited. I was a little concerned that the ride on the Tenders would make me sick but I felt so refreshed to be off the boat.  The gorgeous blue BLUE water, fresh air and surroundings were so beautiful. I loved Half Moon Cay. It was a little private island. We had lunch on the island, there were pretty birds, little walk ways, beautiful soft sand and of course the water. I miss living next to the beach, having my toes in the sand. It was a gorgeous day. OH and actual bathrooms because, once there's no bathrooms I've had enough of nature. I didn't run into anyone I knew on the island so I was able to just relax and do my own thing. Ate lunch, walked on the beach. I had a pretty good view of the concert too which was awesome. I didn't think I'd get a good view. For one I didn't pay for VIP and there were a TON of people there. So I was thankful. It
was HOT I kept drinking and thank God for the 100 SPF sunscreen I had on, I only got a teeny bit red on my shoulders. When the guys arrived Donnie and Joe came out and squirted the crowed with super soakers to cool everyone down. It was so hot. Some people in the audience yelled out "take it off"- honestly I heard that a lot. I'm not interested in seeing anyone take it off *hides* but anyway, Danny goes. "You take it off first." Donnie goes, "what are you talking about Danny, they have 98% of it off. Thousands of women in hats... and shades" LOL. We had bathing suits on too, Donnie! I did take a lot of pictures but, there are so many to post!
This picture is from the Carnival site.

The concert was so fun. It wasn't a traditional concert like you would see on tour or like we saw in NYC. But that was fine, it was so fun. AND HOT, seriously I don't expect anyone to put a full on show on in that kind of heat. No joke people were fainting. The guys joked around and were entertaining. They sang some songs. So fun. Jordan sang "Let's go higher" which was such a treat because I'm not sure when I'd get to see him preform live. We got to see Joe sing "Here we go again", and I'm thinking I want to see a full Joe show and a full Jordan show someday! LOL.
Dear Rose Tours this would have been better on the hoodie than what you put on it "Hash tag just saying"
 Jonathan Knight does this man take bad pictures?

 Joe Mac.

NKOTB on stage.
The ship/stage. I took this picture on the tender.
Donnie
I guess they gotta eat too.
After the concert I walked along the beach and decided I was going to get back on the boat and take a nap before the Bluebloods screening and Toga party that night. I walked for a bit and saw Danny and Donnie with a small crowd. So just as I walked up Donnie said, ok, I gotta go. But one more. He gave me a quick hug and wouldn't you know it, he TALKED right as the picture was being taken. Ugh. That, and I'm in a bikini and pigtails - there was no hope for me. This picture just bites. I look like a dork. Sigh, oh well. I cropped it so you have mostly our faces- so I spared you that much. My favorite memory from Half Moon Cay was standing next to Donnie and security came by. This was after the concert, it was hot. Security whispers in Donnie's ear and Donnie shakes his head and goes, "no I don't want to leave the fans out here." So they stayed for the games, even if it was hot as heck. Love that man.
I totally missed the beach games which I heard were so fun but I just didn't want to over do it in the sun. I kept drinking water but I must have been a little dehydrated and that combination with a rocky boat that evening was not good. I didn't get sick but I felt so sick. So did most people that night, I kept hearing about it the next day. I took my nap and we headed out to dinner. It's a shame I felt sick because my hair looked cute that night for the Toga party. I got up to the Lido deck and there were chairs set out so we could watch the last episode of Bluebloods with Donnie. I couldn't stand straight so I sat down and a sweet blockhead bought me a ginger ale- whoever you are thank you for your kind words and for trying to make me feel better! J walked me back to the room, on the way there we passed a girl sitting down in the hallway, I knew exactly how she felt. I said I hope you feel better. Donnie walked by and said are you feeling sick? He leaned down to talk to her and put his hand on her head and said, "hang in there, I love you ok." I crawled into bed. Thank you J for putting me to bed! After tossing and turning I called another sister that I hadn't met yet, but I knew her from a high school friend and asked her for some medical advice with my meds. (THANK YOU K! You're an angel!) Took another dose and slept. In the morning I felt much better. BUT, I missed out on the Toga party and screening. :(
This is me right before crawling into bed. I took my belt and shoes off. That wall is holding me up. No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment