My life a wonderful mix of light, love, laughter, trials and lessons woven with threads of God's faithfulness. It's the sweet life, it's my Chaotic Balance.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
2011 NKOTB Cruise Day 3
May 14th- It all goes downhill from here people. At least as far as pictures is concerned. That up there is the only picture I got of the Bahamas. Don't worry, you're not missing much. We got off the ship and walked like drunks down the streets. Got some toys for the kids and stumbled back on the boat. No we weren't drunk- I didn't have a single drink on that boat, we just kept rocking like we were still on the boat! LOL. Once we were on the boat again it was fine.
I went to the room to change and ran into some friends, one from my NYC trip so that was fun. I also ran into Rob Lewis. This sweet, beautiful, talented person/friend. He's a sweetie and an amazing brother in Christ. Yes, I look like junk. I was headed to the pool. <-- Obviously not worried about running into any NK's. It's funny because when I saw him I was like "oh my gosh, Rob, I was hoping I'd run into you." He was all polite and then I said, "I'm so and so from twitter!" Then he lit up and goes, "oh! Hey!" and gave me a high five. Funny, how you can tweet back and forth with people and not know faces. Maybe I should put up an actual profile picture.
After meeting up with some friends I sat and had lunch with them and then we walked around the boat. Made our donations for the dance, went to the merchandise store. The donations were for the Komen foundation. The donations on the boat that night totaled $16,190. Before we got on the boat BH's raised $11,615 for Komen in Betty Woods name. Amazing. That night was pink night, Danny's birthday. But first, one of the highlights of the cruise for me.
The Acoustic Wood and Joe show. I had been wanting to catch a Joe show and even if this was more Broadway and the story of how four guys from Dorchester ruin Joe's chances of getting on Broadway. LOL. Danny came out first and blew me away. I'm not sure there was a dry eye in the audience. Especially when he talked about hi mom Betty. I loved LOVED Danny's performance. Here is a youtube clip I found.
We also got to see Joe Mac, Rob Lewis and Sasha Allen on stage that night. AMAZING. There are other youtube videos by this poster too of the show. I can't say how much I loved the whole show.
After the show we had dinner and got dressed for PINK NIGHT! And ALLLLLL of my pictures just came out horrible, all the pink lights and ewww. Oh well. I did get to stand close to one of the smaller stages for a bit. It was fun, did some dancing then I decided to go out to the back of the Lido deck and sit under the stars. I could still hear some of what was going on but it was nice to just sit and think. Then I went back down to our cabin and J wasn't in bed so I changed my shoes and went back up to the Lido deck. Good thing because I got to see Jonathan sing Step five ( it's a rare thing lol.) It's one of the few videos I got!
The guys all decked out in pink for breast cancer awareness. Joe Mac, had me ROLLING, in his Spandex, the next day I saw him I was like aww I thought I'd get a picture of you with the spandex. He just laughed.
No comments:
Post a Comment