Thursday, May 26, 2011

2011 NKOTB Cruise Day 4

Day four already? Full day at sea... with the poker tournament (I don't play poker), Jordan's stretchify, Donnie's Back rub, group photos, BINGO with Jon and Red Carpet night! There was so much to do on this day. We got up and got dressed, walked around, had breakfast and lunch and hung out until it was time for group pictures. At lunch I saw Jared and got to thank him for the cruise. He said, no problem thank you! Are you having fun? Ermmm, heck yes I'm having fun buddy LOL. 
For group pictures we met up with our group then got in line. We had group already formed (ten each, two for each NK) thank goodness because it was a bit crazy for the people who didn't have a full group. I chose to stand with Joe Mac, I was a Joe Mac girl in middle school. I have met Joe before but no picture, I figured this was the time and place. I was excited to see the guys, most of us were. The lines were long but it was fairly organized and it moved quickly. We were group B and by the time we saw the guys some of them looked tired. A few groups ahead of us Jonathan had plopped down on the couch and two girls helped him up for the picture LOL. I don't know how long it was but they spent the better part of the day doing group pictures then, everything else on top. Before we got to the front of the line we stood in "order" so that we could each see all of the guys and be organized. It was nice to say a quick hello and thank you for the cruise. First up for me was Donnie, I just said "hey Donnie how are you?" and he gave me a hug. I said, "see this is why I'm a Donnie girl, you give the best hugs." Then he squeezed me tighter. So sweet. I do know that Donnie is a flirty and such with some of the fans. He's not like that with me. Probably because I'm a married spud. And that's fine with me, he's careful with us married gals. One day I tweeted him about being a married spud and he direct messaged me laughing about it, so it's cool with me.  Next was Jordan, that poor man looked like he was going to fall right over so I gave him a quick hug and said, "Jordan, you look so tired!" He made a face and goes, "me? nah.. never." Then he laughed. Then we got to Joe Mac, got a hug and teased him, "no pink spandex? I wanted a picture of that" he laughed then the camera man said
something. I think I looked at the camera for two clicks, I'm not sure, I don't remember. To my girls- sorry if I ruined the picture! Then Joe hugged me and I said, "Congrats on the new baby. I have three girls close in age like yours and they are such a blessing, they play well together." Joe just lit up, squeezed my arm with this oh my gosh thank you for the encouragement look on his face. He said, "thank you so much, God bless you." I was like you're welcome...  ok then. Both J and I told Danny he made us cry and that we loved the acoustic show. Jon hugged me and we were done. I did thank Jon for doing this. I always thank him when I can because I know that he didn't have to do this reunion, he could have said no. But he didn't and this time just seems so much better. SO fun. HE is so fun. I love it. All the guys just seem more comfortable with it all. *I wanted to add, to the girl that brushed her hair every  minutes -no lie, then cleaned the hairs from her brush onto/near the bar GROSS yo. I understand I have OCD issues but really? Who does that? People get drinks served there. NO no. I love my sisters but man... *shudders*
This day just flew by for me. After pictures we had lunch. Then I got in line to watch the Backrub. Then with all the confusion about cameras, no cameras, which door to enter I just went to take a nap. I thought about Jordan's yoga class and BINGO but decided not to. It was going to be our last night on the boat so I took a nap during the afternoon. <--- THIS my friends was a smart move. Because I remember NYC and knew that we weren't getting any sleep if Donnie had any say in it. After my nap we got dressed for Red Carpet night. I chose a silver dress I had in the closet. I loved the second chance to wear it. We went with M and C to the dinning room. I had shrimp and lobster. I also ordered the molten lava cake, it was good but I could only eat a few bites. I was so full.
Before dinner.
It was such a blessing to see M and  C again before we got off the boat. Such sweet girls, they tweeted this to me when we got back -
we prayed we would meet a nice girl on the cruise♥ you were the girl♥ thank your parents for us♥

So sweet. Love my BH sisters!
After dinner I changed into a different dress. I don't have pictures of the dress but it was shorter and more appropriate for the Lido deck, and I put on flip flops because I wasn't dancing all night in heels. Most people were wearing flip flops or flats.I met up with a friend from NYC and we stood around and hung out. THEN IT RAINED. COLD rain. And we were near the stage so we huddled near and under it.  It didn't last long maybe 5 minutes? Not long at all. It was funny because we looked up and people had scattered and when the rain stopped they ran up again.We weren't moving from that spot. The guys came out looking all handsome. Here is a picture taken by someone else. She's got the best pictures. Her link.

 My favorite part that night had to be Joe Mac's announcement. So cute. And the end comment about, "if she's anything like you all, I'll be the proudest dad in the world" awww. (Ahem, have you looked out at this crowd, never mind.)


The guys hung out, did some songs. Jordan and Donnie ran to the back of the Lido deck to see everyone there, which was awesome. It was so fun. Then Donnie stayed out with us till the sun came up. It was funny, one time he disappeared and I was like ok, I'm going to go and get some pizza. I went back there, grabbed a piece and he was there with pizza in hand heading back out to the Lido deck. I said "do you need another piece" and he said, "no I'm good", gave me a quick hug and kissed me on the cheek - there were other people there saying hi and stuff also. Then he went right back to dancing and singing along with us.
My pics aren't great. I was too busy having fun.
With Tia.
I don't look so hot. But it was windy and rainy.

That rain was COLD, #nolie
We survived, gotta love my sisters!

Joe Mac.
 Loved my spot. So close...

Jordan.

It's (past) 2 in the morning...
See? Donnie changed too, not just me. This was fun and even if it was about 2000 people it was still intimate. Personal, maybe because we were close so we got interaction, I don't know.
I guess around 0600 I decided it was time to head back to the room. I took a shower, grabbed my things and we went and had breakfast on the Lido deck. Our last meal there. Sniff.  I didn't cry but I saw some people crying. I think the only time I cried was during Danny's show. Love that mans heart for his mom and his mission with the Komen foundation.

The Lido deck, so empty.
Soo... that was my cruise experience. I'm sure I forgot so much. It was so fun. I thank God I didn't get sick. I'll cherish the time/memories with my sisters. I could have stayed on that boat longer. I would have had to fly family in, I missed the girls and their sweet craziness. But it was FUN.
On the flight home I had my hoodie on and a man boarded the same plane as J and I and he goes, did you girls have fun. LOL, YES. Turns out he was there with this wife, his second year. He said he'd do it all over again, me to buddy me too. Can't explain it well to you if you're not a BH. I can't explain why when the guys say things like, "we love you guys" "You guys are so awesome" "Love Eternal" and stuff, why that is personal. These guys are amazing and go above and beyond for their fans. Maybe it's because they did lose what they once had and now it's different. We all get it, we all know what it's like to be without it. Sure they say it to the crowd, but they say it during personal face times too. Can someone who's a BH explain it in a comment below please. Maybe these tweets sum it up? Or the video below will shed some light on it?
Donnie Wahlberg

Jonathan Knight

Since there are meteor showers tonight there are enough stars to wish each one of you a blessed and happy life! Besos!
Donnie Wahlberg

Maybe these memories are part of the many reason that we all love hearing about you all and your stories reuniting with friends. So cool.
Donnie Wahlberg

I'm no hero- just a friend! This is the power of OUR friendship-

No comments:

Post a Comment