Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fine art and faries.

Yesterday I picked Diva (6) up from school and she pulls out a white T-shirt that she is going to decorate and wear on Friday for her teacher's appreciation week. So she's showing it to me and says, "mom, I'm going to design this myself." I'm thinking ok, it's your shirt of course you are, so I nodded. Diva goes, "because Miss M (her teacher) is used to fine art." Ummm, ok. I had to figure out what she meant so I asked her, "what do you mean?" Diva tells me, "Well, I know how to draw fine art, Piglet (4 year old btw) draws stick figures and Miss M is used to fine art. Like you know, since I've been going to , I've only wanted to draw fine art. It's like I don't want to draw stick figures anymore." Me- "well, she is just four and lots of people draw stick figures."
Seriously. I just kept driving, because what do you say to that?


She also made a pink tissue dress and put it on a tiny hanger that she made out of Q-tips the other day. It was pretty cute. She also made a sign that said Diva. I believe in fairies, please take this dress. She left it out and no fairies took it. So tonight she looked so sad touching the dress. She asked me if fairies were real. Umm, oh dear. My first thought was- well, let's see, you know Santa isn't real, you've always known that up until this past Christmas. We just haven't told them that Santa was real. They know who St Nick WAS, but anyway.  Her sweet little sad face. So I just asked her if she wanted to believe they were real. She said yes and smiled. So I said OK then that's OK with me. Yikes... what to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment