My dear friend Abbie won some tickets to the NKOTBSB Baltimore show, she had tickets so she gave them to me. Seriously this girl has a heart of gold, she invited me when I was a stranger to NYC and made sure I had a friend. So sweet. I invited a friend I met in NYC to come with me. I got there early to meet up with Abbie and I'm glad I did. We got to catch up since our seats weren't together. I got to catch up with Tia, Tara, Emily and other sisters and cruisers. These girls have become such good friends. I'm so blessed. While we sat around these cats rolled by...
First Joe Mac, which was funny Abbie said she had seen him earlier. But he came out and talked for a bit and took pictures. When he came to me I said, I have something to show you, do you remember when I was talking to you on the cruise about my three girls that are close in age? I have a picture. (I didn't have my phone on the cruise- GLORIOUS.) So I showed him this pic of the girls on my phone...
He goes, "yeah I remember you!" He looked at the picture and said the girls were so beautiful - and that it looked like a painting. I did tell him this was a older pic. Anyway, I was so happy Abbie got to see Joe again, she's a Joe girl!
Then Donnie ran over. Seriously I don't think I've ever taken a decent picture with Donnie. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. OY. SMH. And every time he's around cameras malfunction- OK people malfunction tee hee. Last time in NYC, it was me taking a picture of his and Abbie's feet. This time L was taking our picture and she goes, "smile Donnie, I'll take one more", and he said something like, you should you're not pushing the button down all the way. (And he was right, she wasn't LOL.) So later she goes, you better remember me in DC, and he teased her saying, I'll remember you, the girl who doesn't know how to work the camera. I don't even remember talking much this time, just got hugs, small talk. That was it. This is sweet L-
I decided to go have lunch with some friends and Jordan came out for a bit while we were gone. Talk about rare. When we got back Howie (BSB) came out with his son. Cute kid. I don't like taking pictures of peoples kids but Howie had him dance for us and stuff.
Then Jordan said hi real quick. Did a little dancing to "let's go higher"...

"Let's go higher"
We went out to dinner and headed back for the show. Jordan Sparks opened. Eh. I'll see her again soon but I wasn't impressed with what I saw. BUT THEN it was time! The show was awesome, 2 hours and 15-30ish minutes. I wasn't sure how I would like it, I'm not a fan of the Backstreet boys, I like them OK but I wasn't thinking I would know enough songs etc. I did know some and they put on a great show. Still even if I didn't know them all, it was fun just dancing along. I didn't sit down at all. I know some people did when "their" group wasn't on but I didn't. Lots of energy, just amazing. I wish NKOTB would rerecord older songs because my favorite part of the night was Joe Mac's "Please Don't Go Girl", his voice and the was he delivers it now is beautiful, and Donnie's "Cover Girl" was awesome. Really, on the NKOTBSB CD during the mash up my favorite part is Joe Mac singing PDGG.
The Backstreet boys are performers, great performers at that. Their dancing is to me reminiscent of the newer boy bands. That's not bad or good, they certainly did a great job. The biggest difference I saw is the way each group worked the crowd. Experience plays a big part in this. And it could be because I'm a NKOTB fan too, but I think as far as working a crowd NK's/Donnie just has a way of doing it.
There were some fans of both groups but I think mostly people were either or. Although, coming back out and seeing some of my friends they were like, I'm kinda liking the BSB LOL. I thought that was cool.
I heard there was some fights, really people? We're grown women right? OY. I didn't see any. I was too busy having fun. I didn't see any fights on the cruise either, again, I don't have time for that nonsense. I'm a grown woman with three kids, if I want to see a fight I'll stay home with my kids, thank you very much.
The show was energetic and moved along quickly. Not in a bad way but there wasn't down time for any group of fans to sit around and be bored. I did see people texting and tweeting or whatever if they sat down. I posted a set list below.
Here are some shots I took.
Opening shot. 8 guys. Jonathan Knight was watching since he was injured. I read his comments on Twitter later, hilarious. He did hop out during "Tonight" which was cool.
Admittedly, I took pictures of NKOTB more than BSB. NKOTB wasn't at the tip of the stage much. Mostly the middle which was good for me.


As fun as this show was I wish it were later in the summer for me, so I could had spread my concerts out LOL. But it was an amazing show. I am sad I didn't have my camera out for the "Click, Click, Click" pose off.
Summertime – NKOTB
The Call – BSB
Dirty Dancing – NKOTB
Bye Bye Love – BSB
The Right Stuff – NKOTB
Larger Than Life – NKOTBSB
Blow Your Mind – NKOTB
Valentine Girl – NKOTB
If You Go Away – NKOTB
Please Don’t Go Girl – NKOTB
Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely – BSB
10,000 Promises – BSB
I’ll Never Break Your Heart – BSB
Inconsolable – BSB
Drowning – BSB
Incomplete – BSB
Step By Step – NKOTB
Cover Girl – NKOTB
My Favorite Girl – NKOTB
Games – NKOTB
Click Click Click – NKOTB
Tonight – NKOTB
Shape of My Heart – BSB
As Long As You Love Me – BSB
All I Have To Give – BSB
If You Stay – BSB
Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) –BSB
I’ll Be Loving You Forever – NKOTB
I Want It That Way – BSB
Don’t Turn Out the Lights – NKOTBSB
ENCORE
Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) – BSB
Hangin’ Tough / We Will Rock You (Mash-up) – NKOTB
Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) / Hangin’ Tough (Mash-up) - NKOTBSB


























No comments:
Post a Comment