
New Kids on the Block cruise... How do you blog this past week? I don't know. Maybe a day at a time. I'll take this back 20 years or so ago when I wanted to go on the New Kids on the Block cruise. I'm glad I didn't, I was young and really the memories I made this time around would have blown any of that teeny bopper stuff out of the water. And this time around the guys have been just amazing to the fans. They might have been before and I didn't know it, but I doubt it, not this amazing, not this intimate (<--I love this blogpost). I don't think people who aren't Blockheads get it. Sure we're fans, sure it takes us back to our childhood and brings back memories but it also strengthens friendships and forms sisterly bonds with new friends. There's a connection, we help and care about each other even if we've never met. Have you read the kidney story? We room with people in NYC we've never met and form friendships that are amazing. You know, the whole Five Brothers and a Million Sisters... thing.
I didn't take as many pictures as I thought I would. My thoughts are so jumbled because I don't want to forget a single moment. I'm thankful for all the Youtube videos people are putting up to help me remember. I'll blog as much as I remember, YUP, you all aren't getting much, I have the memory of a sponge. But I'll try.
Going into this I wasn't expecting much, well I was expecting a personal helicopter transport off the ship because I pictured myself tossing cookies over the railing of the Lido deck. What I mean is I didn't have a ton of expectations. I knew it would be a little like NYC, where we'd maybe see the guys every once in a while, hang out with friends and then we'd get to see these awesome shows. It was pretty much just like that but even better. Amazing.
I shared a room with J who I had never met but I've known her for about 6 years. Met her on a military spouse forum. This girls known me through two of my pregnancy announcements, too many deployments and more. I met her the night before we flew out to Miami. It's funny how sometimes you meet people and there's no intro period needed. That was good.
OK Day One -12 May. That morning we stepped onto the hotels transport van and there were quite a few girls so we basically said to each other, "are you on the boat?" and that's all that was needed. We talked most of the way to the airport, trading stories of meet and greets, shows and what not. I snapped this picture, the poor man got off at the airport. Everyone else was on the boat. I'm sure he thought we were nuts. Eh, so we are.
| Met some sisters... |
I kept telling myself, this will feel real once I'm in Miami, then once I'm check in, then once I'm on the boat. I think it began to sink in while we waited to board the ship and I met some of my sister's I'd been talking to but haven't met. Of course it didn't matter if we had talked to any of these girls before- there was common ground and we met and got to know several girls. Hug and comfort some that were in tears- for different reasons, and help people get settled. Then from the the excited murmuring of the crowd came THAT scream. Yeah you know that scream, that- I see a baseball cap with a "B" on it type of scream LOL. It wasn't frenzied and crazy. I can't explain it. Sure enough though, I look up and there's Donnie, no baseball cap but it was him. That's when I was like, "ok, I'm going on a boat with NKOTB." (Insert school girl, teeny bopper squeal) I need more Dramamine, cause I'm not getting off that boat till they make me.
![]() |
| Donnie. Giving hugs, kisses and ... well working the crowd like he does. |
| In the crowd I saw a familiar face so I walked up and said, "you look familiar..." Sure enough she said are you insert twittername, and I was like yes, that's me! We gave big hugs! It was so awesome to finally meet this girl! This is sweet Edith, love this beautiful lady! |
Then these cats walked through the door and went up to board the ship...
| Jonathan Knight. |
| Joe Mac, Rob Lewis, Sasha Allen. |
| Jordan Knight. |
| Danny, with his girls Chance and Vega. I usually won't take pictures if he's with them, but it's pretty far away. |
When we walked on board it was exciting. The boat had flags and banners up. The elevators were all decked out also.
![]() |
| Donnie, Jordan, Danny and Jonathan up on the balcony of the Lido Deck. |
![]() |
| Donnie- so sweet, he wanted to make sure EVERYONE had a good time. Love this man. So loving and kind. |
![]() |
| Jordan- love this man. |
![]() |
| Joe Mac, really. I knew he was funny but holy cow he had me rolling on the boat. |
![]() |
| Two of the guys surprised me on the boat. Jonathan was one of them. I knew he was funny, sarcastic and caring from his tweets. I just didn't realize what a sweet heart this man has. |
![]() |
| Danny Wood. Blew me away with his talent and love for the fans. |
After the party we headed over to the Palladuim for Double Dare. Met some more BH's that we would end up having dinners with and hanging out with. Considering we booked our rooms after we were on the wait list we had a great view of the stage. The thing is the set up was very much like Radio City Music hall and I don't think there was a bad seat in the house. I can't even explain to you the Double Dare. It was just funny. SO here's a video someone posted. After Double Dare was dinner and then the Totally 80's Party on the Lido Deck.
This is basically what I ate. Meats, fish, veggies and fruit. Easy peasy.
Totally 80's night. I'm an 80's girl. That's all there is to it. OMD, Skid Row, Motley Crew, NK's, Bon Jovi, Madonna- I loved the 80's. The DJ did a pretty good job this night. The guys came out dressed in what they wore in the Hangin' Tough Live concert, that I had on VHS. Google it spring chickens it was before DVDs. The performance they did when they came out was hilarious. My pictures that night not good. I was TOO close, for pictures but I had an amazing time. I got to help crowd surf all of the guys, held hands with them and got some hugs.
What can I say about Donnie? He just knows how to work the crowd, it was so fun. That and BEST. HUGS. EVER. Hash tag- Just Saying (I can't tell you how many times I heard that on the boat, mostly from Donnie!)
What can I say about Donnie? He just knows how to work the crowd, it was so fun. That and BEST. HUGS. EVER. Hash tag- Just Saying (I can't tell you how many times I heard that on the boat, mostly from Donnie!)
![]() |
| Me, J, C and M. We met the twins at the Double Dare show. |
I need to find an 80's party so I can rock this outfit again- maybe I'll take the kids to the park with it on. Ohhhh, or I can be "that" wife and wear it to the commissary... OR a Dinning Out one year. Just kidding people. But note to self, wear something under the tutu. I had leggings on but I still felt all exposed. Yes, I had my wavy crimper with me. Old school, ya'll.
Day one was FUN!! I didn't think anything could top it. But the rest of the cruise... that's for another post. I will say I was so blessed to be on the boat. The friends I met, experiences and all the special moments the guys blew us away with performances and intimate "facetime" I got, I'll always cherish in my heart.











No comments:
Post a Comment