*Link to watch the documentary free is below my blabbering Let me know if you have seen it!*
So most of you that know me know that I am not totally granola, and sure I do some things that are crunchy because I truly believe that for myself and for my family they are best. In some areas I could stand to be less soggy, but there you go. I do not believe that the decisions that DH and I make for our family are the best for everyone but they are the best for us. That being said I have wanted to watch this documentary since I first heard about it.
A little background on our birthing experiences. I had a wonderful birth experience with Diva, God truly blessed us and the process was wonderful. Sure it was painful and at times hard, but God made my body to do this, in creating me God equipped me for giving birth. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that every woman needs to have children, that is not what I am saying at all. With Diva I was blessed that I had progressed so fast (less than an hour) that I was able to get buy without an IV, DH was there to help me and support me. While I progressed quickly with Piglet they still insisted I have an IV, no biggie, I asked for a heplock. I had DH there for support and a wonderful nurse/sister in Christ who encouraged me. She came pretty quick, but not as quick as Diva. I ended up with a dose of stadol. I am not against drugs, that is certainly up to the mama. In the end the stadol made me so drowsy. I remember holding her in my arms and just thinking all those wonderful mommy thoughts you have when you first hold your baby, but in the back of my mind I also was thinking about how loopy I was, and how I couldn't do all I wanted for her at the time. Stadol is not the drug for me. :-). The more I think about the birth of my girls and my own experiences the more a birthing center is appealing to me. Home births while wonderful are not for me- I do think that the mama's that have them are awesome though. I do have a wonderful midwife who followed me for both girls and is caring for me now, she's wonderful.
Anyway enough of that. Regardless of your "stance" on birthing, hospitals, drugs, and regardless of whether or not you have given birth vaginally or by C section or not at all this is such a good documentary. It isn't (in my opinion anyway) there to make anyone feel bad about their experiences or choices, but I do believe that it opens doors to other possibilities. At the least it makes you think of labor and delivery differently than before. Here is a link to watch a free unedited version. The Business of Being Born. **** I just am unsure about this but thought I would let you know, I think this is a legal copy and site, but I am unsure, does anyone know?***
Let me know if you have seen it what you think if it!
I just clicked on it and they said they were falsely accused of hosting a restricted site and they had to shutdown....
ReplyDelete