Wow, Diva's first year of school is almost over. At the beginning of the year, I was excited but I also wondered if I should keep her home and "un-school" her, or even home school her. Honestly homeschooling is is not for us, not right now anyway. Looking back on the year she has learned so much and developed so many friendships at school and dance class. She has blossomed in ways that I know she would not have if I kept her at home. I am not saying that home schoolers have a disadvantage, not at all! I know that home schoolers with proactive parents and positive experiences have a wonderful experience and learning time. I am just not cut out at the moment for it. We're preparing for summer now, the girls are both signed up for swimming lessons for the whole month of June, four times a week an hour each- eeep. My parents have been talking about swimming lessons since winter and sent money months ago urging me to sign the girls up. Piglet will be in the mom and tot class with me. I think it will help me be active also.
Diva's dance recital is next month! I can't believe it! So soon! I am excited, I think it will be fun. Hopefully it will be much better than MY first dance recital. LOL.
The pregnancy is going well. I have another ultrasound next month, this last one went well. The baby is doing great. And I am hot, but what do you expect, it's summer. I am working on building the baby's diaper stash, I looked at it not too long ago and we've got plenty. Nothing fancy, I would love some bamboo velour anything and some cute woolies but as far as needs go- I think we're set.
This summer DH's sister and family are coming to the states from Africa, I am unsure we will see them. It's frustrating but we've got HUGE life changes coming up and are very unsure of where we will be shortly. I hope we can work it out. We'll see. I am praying we can work something out. My brother is also graduating from a Master's program and we will miss that also. Sigh...
DH is studying like MAD for some exams coming up, please pray that they go well!
DH is leaving again shortly, so tonight I am making prime rib, onion strings, green beans, Yorkshire pudding- ok this is for me and the girls he's not a big fan LOL and I made some cherry turnovers.
Today I took the girls to a Tea room for lunch. It was fun and relaxing. We had a good time, DH's first day back at work so it was good for us girls to get out of the house. I love tea rooms.
All in all life is good around here. We're healthy, together, and God has blessed us above and beyond, but He always does... I am excited for summer and new changes. The girls will have birthdays, and so will I, we may find out where we will be next year and in the fall there will be a new little one to love on. How blessed are we?
Leaving again, Nate? That's too bad. I am glad you guys are together now though.
ReplyDeleteMiss you very much and keep us posted on the baby! He/She are very blessed to have you guys as a family!
Love you, Sis!