Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Scrapbooking, playing in the toilet, and dinner :-)

Let's just say I am far behind on albums. I just ordered over a thousand pictures I am so far behind but I am bound and determined to get them all put into the girls albums before Christmas. I do this every year, I get far behind and realize that the bulk of our picture taking is over the holiday season when family is here so I rush to get albums caught up... so I can take more pictures. But at least the girls albums will be caught up. DH's career and our family albums... never LOL.

I had a slight migraine today while I was driving home from the grocery store. YUCK. But it got better fairly quick I took meds and rested... while the girls played in the toilet. Oh yes you read that right, Diva who is as Monk-ish as all get out was playing in the toilet with Piglet. Diva has never had the urge to even touch a toilet other than to use it for it's intended purpose, Piglet on the other hand, she's an explorer and I guess Diva was willing to play today. I was laying on the couch and I could hear them kinda quiet, you know that quiet that every mom knows... the silence that says whatever you are doing stop, get up, grab a first aid kit and fire extinguisher and find your kids. Well, I couldn't get up so I said to DH, "honey I bet they are playing in the toilet." So DH goes to our oldest, "Is your sister playing in the toilet?" *eyeroll* But seriously knowing Diva's obsession with being clean the toilet IS the last place anyone would find her, so I give him credit for that. From down the hallway comes a sweet angelic voice, "no daddy she's with me." I am too tired and dizzy to move so I just lay there, thoughts of flooded bathrooms and God only knows what toys floating in the toilet spinning around in my head. And finally I couldn't stand it anymore, the silence was deafening so I get up and walk down the hall. Sure enough my babies were playing in the toilet, putting tissue down there happy as ever. Now in my defense I was hurting so I probably did NOT handle this is a way that was productive but I flew off the handle and yelled, "I KNEW IT! GET OUT, both of you OUT NOW!" Oy my poor babies, Diva got out of there quick and poor little Piglet tripped over her potty seat scrambling to get out of the bathroom. Bless her heart. DH cleaned up the bathroom thank GOODNESS it was clean water. Diva later on comes up to me and goes "Mommy I am so sorry I was playing with something I shouldn't have been playing with." I was like "oh honey I forgive you, please don't do it again, mommy is sorry I yelled at you and scared you, will you forgive me." and she goes, "yes, yelling isn't good for big girls or adults" LOL...
Piglet is doing so well with potty training, I am so excited. A bit sad since she's not a baby anymore. And I won't have a bum to diaper. I'll have to get rid of my wool stash, which I am dreading. But I guess I will have less laundry to do.
I invited Shell over for dinner. Chicken and dumplings and Dump cake. We got a little scrap booking done, as much as you can with a nine month old, 16 month old and three year old running around. But it was fun, dinner was good and the company was great. After I put the girls to bed , I watched House and folded laundry. DH should be home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment