Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Draw me near, help me decrease.



Draw near to God and He WILL draw near to you. <- one of my favorite promises in the bible. God's faithfulness is eternal. His love is perfect. I may not feel Him or hear Him at all times. But I KNOW, that then I turn to Him, when I call on Him. When I turn from myself, my flesh, my sin and look towards Him, He is there. Open arms, forgiveness and like a Father who truly loves me there is mercy and grace but also correction.  No matter what is going on in my head, no matter how loud the screams of doubt are. "Are you sure? You really screwed up this time. You've gone to far, you can't go to Him now. That was too much to be forgiven. You're really not worth it. You suck. Not strong enough. Not holy/set apart. Not a bright enough light. Not patient enough. Not good enough. You already learned that lesson and you still messed up." BUT GOD, God draws near to ME. Picks me up. Brushes off my knees, wipes the tears and says, "Come boldly to the throne of GRACE" Forget about the doubt, the nagging negativity. God is here, God is good. Listen to truth. Listen to Him. Cling to the promises. When things suck, and often they do- try to praise Him anyway. For air, life, love, blessings--  roof over my head, socks, a comfy bed. Even when I feel I can't or don't deserve it. In the back of my head, I know I can and should turn around and run back to the cross. Even when my pride and flesh get in the way, I just need to turn back. DIE TO SELF. John the Baptist said, "HE must increase, while I DECREASE." You couldn't have said it any better John. Lord, help me decrease. I must. Because the more I feed my flesh, the further I'm away. Away from my hearts desire, my redeemer, me Savior.
No matter where I am. Close to God, walking in communion with Him. Running from Him, turned away, arms crossed refusing to remember just HOW good He is and that His plans are perfection. Wherever I am, valleys or pastures of green. His love, compassion, goodness, kindness, faithfulness and beauty, they draw me. Beckon me. My soul thirsts for the cup of redemption, communion, closeness. Thirsts for more... more of God. Less of me. Turn to the cross. Hit your knees. Cling.



To the cross I look.
To the cross I cling.
Of its suffering I do drink.
Of its work I do sing.
On it my Savior,
both bruised and crushed,
showed that God is love,
and God is just.

Chorus:
At the cross You,
beckon me,
draw me gently,
to my knees and I am,
lost for words so,
lost in love I'm,
sweetly broken, wholly surrendered!

What a priceless gift:
undeserved life
have I been given
through Christ crucified.
You've called me out of death.
You've called me into life.
And I was under Your wrath,
now through the cross, I'm reconciled.

Chorus:
At the cross You,
beckon me,
draw me gently,
to my knees and I am,
lost for words so,
lost in love,
I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered!

At the cross You,
beckon me,
draw me gently,
to my knees and I am,
lost for words so,
lost in love,
I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered!

In awe of the cross I must confess,
how wondrous Your redeeming love and how great
is Your faithfulness!

Chorus:
At the cross You,
beckon me,
You draw me gently,
to my knees and I am,
lost for words so,
lost in love, wholly surrendered!

At the cross You,
You beckon me,
draw me gently,
to my knees and I am,
lost for words so,
lost in love,
I am sweetly broken, wholly surrendered!

Yeah, Yeah!

Broken for You...I'm broken for You, my Lord.

Jesus...All that's left, ooooo I am sweetly broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment