Today while I was driving Piglet calls out from the back, "mommy, do I look like I have (something that sounded like a rash) on?" I wasn't able to look back so I said, "are you asking if it looks like you have a RASH?" "NO mommy, do I look like I have ALASKA on!?" So I slow the car down (residential street), turn around and look at her and said, "what do you mean honey?" She bats her eyes at me and goes, "does it look like I have ALASKA on?" OHHH, ok I get it. "Honey do you mean mascara? Like on your eye lashes?" "YES mommy." "Yes honey, it looks like you have mascara on because you have pretty lashes."
Fall is here and we are welcoming it with open arms. This past weekend we went to a pick your own farm. We picked apples and raspberries. Ran around the pumpkin patch. Bought some pumpkin fudge, milk in glass jars, cherry vanilla pie and apple cider. The girls had a blast. We haven't picked produce since we went strawberry picking in Florida. Piglet loved the raspberries, she ate a ton. I should have had them weigh her before we started and then after to get an accurate weight so I could pay them.
With fall comes chocolate season for me. I'm just slowing easing into it. Last year was crazy busy. This year is crazy busy already and I just have to pace myself and say no a bit more. But I am excited and feel so blessed I'm able to do this for another year.
| Apple picking. |
| Eating raspberries. |
| REALLY eating raspberries. |
![]() |
| Pixie reading to her dolly about "Jee Jee" |
Pixie's vocabulary and just her in general has blossomed over the past few weeks. She's talking up a storm in sentences. Playing more interactively with her sisters and toys. It's amazing how children absorb things and just processed them and learn them. She talks about so many things and just goes on and on even if we sometimes don't understand her. My favorite thing is she says is "Jee Jee" for Jesus. I don't know if it's so much the way she says it, or if it's just that His sweet name is on her lips and in her heart.



No comments:
Post a Comment