Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mommy time...(NKOTB in NYC)



A couple of weeks ago I took a "mommy time" trip. I went to NYC and it was a BLAST! Left on a Thursday and came home on Sunday. I saw two New Kids On the Block shows and went to two after parties. Met some new friends and had a blast. I'm now an expert cab hailer. WOOT.  We  (I was with Tia and Abbie) got to NYC at 0430 *yes, also known as 0'early hundred* I was sooo tired. The city does sleep, not as much as others but it does. We managed to get some caffeine, though I didn't see anyone offering it via IV which I needed.  I love NYC, I'm glad we're close enough to go back. It's just amazing the energy and so much to see and do.


The NKOTB shows were AMAZING. The last one  I went to was almost 20 years ago! I had great seats considering I got my tickets so late. I HAD A BLAST. My friends and I also got some facetime, mostly with Donnie, and very little with Danny and Joe. Friday nights show I was just so excited and amazed, Saturdays show I got to just take it all in and not worry about pictures and what not.
During Friday's after party we got to see Donnie the second time (first time was at the hotel), but didn't really get to talk to him, but I got a picture. We had so much fun though, got to dance and hang out. Loved watching Ddub, Jimmy, Roscoe and DJ Cheapshot perform/spin.
The second night the Backstreet Boys were there (click for a video). I'm not a fan but it was  cool to see them on stage together. I did get a picture of everyone on the stage.

NKOTB and BSB.

My girls and I at Quo for Saturday's after party. 

Donnie preforming at Quo.

Rob and I. We saw him twice, he's one of the nicest guys! So cool. Friendly, down to earth.
On Saturday we saw Joe with his two boys one in the stroller and Griffin was walking so fast, my friends gave him gifts they got for him real quick and he was like "wait Griff, wait" so funny, I guess we all have trouble with toddlers taking off. LOL. He was so nice. We didn't take pictures of him or Danny because they had their kids with them.

Ddub and I.
We also saw Rob and Ddub again on Saturday. It was so funny... Angie and I had just walked out of the pizza place after lunch and when I came out I saw Donnie out there so I went over to get a spot while Angie called Tia and Abbie who had gone to get their lunch. I got my hugs and picture, took one of Angie and one of Tia with Donnie. Abbie asked me to take a pic of her. So I took her camera and tried to get her in but the crowd grew and I couldn't. Then I didn't see her anymore. I saw a lady in a wheel chair behind me so I said Donnie this lady wants to see you (so funny she was like older than my mom, and she goes to him I couldn't make it to the club I fell down and broke my ankle, he took her hand and goes you shouldn't have been going to the club and talking to her about stuff, I think he knew her.) So I took pictures for her.  I kept saying I need to get a picture of you and my friend to Donnie, but I still couldn't find Abbie so I went inside. It was dead in there. Everyone was out side with Donnie. My friends and I saw Abbie sitting in a chair. I was like where were you I was waiting for you to get in there so I could get a picture? Abbie said, "I just left it was too crazy, it's like every man for themselves".  Tia and I said "we were trying to help you get in there". All of a sudden I felt someone behind me really close and heard a whisper in my ear "hey girl" and I turned around and Donnie was up against me smiling.
I about EEEEK- Yes, I know, insert TEENY BOPPER BOY BAND CRUSH SQUEAL RIGHT HERE. (Sorry Donnie, I'm a married spud, I'm a married spud) I said "Donnie! hi!" and he goes "hey", hugged me and I said "oh wait, can I please take your picture with my friend she didn't get to see you." He looked right down at Abbie sitting there and goes to her "what are you doing?" and she goes "sulking" IT WAS THE BEST answer ever, just classic and perfect. Donnie just smiled and hugged her, she stood up to take pictures with him.
I took a picture of them and I said to her "get closer to him the man don't bite" and Donnie laughed and goes "no I don't bite" the next picture I took I put the camera down too quick and he goes, "wait take another you moved the camera" I'm telling you SOOO nice, most people don't even pay attention to that stuff. Sure enough I took a picture of my feet or something. (Sorry Abbie)

He took a few pictures with Abbie, this is my fave since he said this was the paparazzi picture.



Good times, can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment