Friday, June 11, 2010

My life is... colorful with a little bit of Vanilla Ice thrown in the mix

Just an FYI, if you are driving and you smell a sharpie and you have a 1 year old in the back, STOP. don't just say to yourself "I smell a sharpie, how odd, there's no way I had a sharpie here in the car" DON'T just look around you in the front seat and say, well if there was one it would be up here. Just STOP THE CAR and check. I will say I'm impressed with her coloring skills not a lick of sharpie on her clothes or near her face, but her arms, legs and feet? Well... that's a different story... hand over the mother of the year award peeps, because it's all me today- Facebook Status Update of the day
OK, it's been a bit crazy around here. See that cutie in the picture up there? That's my "baby", my Pixie who will soon be two. Bittersweet. Well, today I was driving around and I caught a whiff of the very distinct aroma of Sharpie. You can read the short version up there in my Facebook status. But she sure did have fun with it.  She did get some near her eye... I'm just thankful she didn't get it IN her mouth.I can't believe she's almost two. I may never again hold a newborn that is my own :(. That bites.

Let's talk about Vanilla Ice. Two days ago I spent an unreal amount of time in the ER. I was already tired from the lack of sleep from the two previous nights as it was. So I was TIRED. It was a crazy day. First Gracie, my GPS was stolen out of my car, remember this tidbit, it comes in handy later. Then the ER...
For the ER I packed snacks and coloring books for the girls. I sat down and colored with Diva trying my best to stay awake. I started singing, OK not singing I guess rapping. "If there was a problem, YO I'll solve it, check out the hook while my DJ revolves it. ICE ICE baby, too cold." Now I have no issues with Vanilla Ice, except that's the ONLY line I know in the whole song. So every once in a while I would sing it. The first oh... 5 times the girls thought it was funny and sang with me. (We were in a secluded area, so no one else heard me- thank God for them). There we were coloring, everyone happy, me with my one line from Ice Ice Baby, and all of a sudden Diva goes, "mommy is that the only song that helps?" I said "Helps what? What do you mean?" She goes, "I mean is that the only song that helps keep you awake? Because if it isn't can you please stop, it's annoying." LOL, I just cracked up. Poor kid. Sometimes I don't think she's really 5.
After a while it got late, I decided to take the girls out of the ER and let them sleep in the car. (There is a reason why I didn't take them home, but that's another post.) No one wanted to sleep so I decided to drive around. With my incredible sense of direction I headed out, downtown. Those of you who know me personally are either 
1. rolling your eyes 
2. snickering 
3. spitting out your drink all over your screen.
To those of you who spit, I'm sorry. OK where was I? Oh yes, my innate sense of direction. *eye roll* I drove around a bit, ended up at McDonald's. Got a snack for everyone and headed back towards the ER, which BTW was not in a very good neighborhood. I got turned around and without Gracie (refer to previous comment about her), I had to ask for directions. Twice. Yes, I know. Compass in the car? Yes. Still lost. I finally found a very nice police officer who escorted me back to the ER. We see DH and he goes, where did you all go? I said "McDonald's, I got lost and a police officer helped me get back." He tells me that he was just watching the news and there was a shooting, the police picked up the shooter at... yes, McDonald's. NIIICE. Luckily not the one I went to. I guess that's why there were so many cops out though, lucky me. *eye roll* I'm so thankful we got back. The girls were so good, however I'll put that on the never want to do that with the kids again list.
This my friends is my life. Never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment