Monday, May 31, 2010

Sweet baby girl... and blessings...

The past two nights Pixie has been waking up and not sleeping until two. She does this every once in a while, if she's growing or not feeling well. So last night  I climbed into her crib (it's sturdy, I'm not that big), and snuggled with her. I love it. She's a great little snuggler when she's in the mood too, she will lay on your arm and then pull it around so you're actually holding her and just lay there. You can't move your arm either, you have to hold her. So I just stroked her hair and prayed for her/over her and talked to her about Jesus and she just listened. She will be two soon, it goes by too quick. I'm going to miss these days and moments no matter how crazy and sometimes frustrating they get. It's so bittersweet. There are still nights when I put the kids to bed and I miss them. I love those kids. I'm so blessed.
Tonight we had dinner at our friends house, the girls had a BLAST, and they played hard. I didn't do much but I'm exhausted. That of course is because Pixie being so awake at night. It was a blessing to just get out of the house and hang out. I have however been challenged to a food throw down, my mission? A labor intensive Death By Chocolate Cake. Junk. It has meringue in it, already I'm like eeep. 1- Baked goods, I'm a horrible baker 2- labor LOL. It may take a year before I sike myself up to make it, but I better get on it.Good food, good fellowship. God rocks.
We're so blessed to live in the US, I love it. I love being a part of this nation, I am thankful for the freedoms we have. I am thankful for those who have fought for it and those who continue to fight for it, for us and for others. Pastor James from CCEC posted this FB status today
Thank you to all who have set aside convenience/self to serve others.
Greater love has no man than this... To lay down his life for friends

I couldn't agree more. Thank you to the men and woman who serve and have served this great nation, and for those loved ones who keep the home fires burning. God bless and keep you.


No comments:

Post a Comment