hungry. I nurse her. We get an all clear. I head out towards the front of the store. Of course I can't walk through without finding something else to purchase. Ridiculous I know, but the girls needed panties. I get to the front, check out and it's POURING, I mean sheets of rain. Now me no biggie, I realize we're both waterproof so I talk to one of the employees a bit and he advises against leaving, more tornadic activity is reported. Ugh, fine. I ask, knowing full well the answer, if he could watch Pixie while I run out and get her the fresh carrots I made for her that morning. No, I understand that the whole liability thing. SO, back in to purchase some baby food. Poor kid gagged and looked at me like are you for real lady? I feel bad, of all things I chose something with bananas in it. Ewww old bananas. I go to the cafe to feed Pixie and, well there's a Starbucks there. I order a latte and an oatmeal. Oatmeal with nuts and brown sugar. The lady hands me my latte and oatmeal along with a little bag of nuts, OK cool... and raisins. Not just raisins but brown ones, golden ones, and craisins. For real woman? The thought of putting them in my hot oatmeal for them to plump up and ugh. I was weak in my knees, thank God she didn't put them in the oatmeal for me. EEEKK> What a scary day.
My life a wonderful mix of light, love, laughter, trials and lessons woven with threads of God's faithfulness. It's the sweet life, it's my Chaotic Balance.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Tornadoes and Raisins
hungry. I nurse her. We get an all clear. I head out towards the front of the store. Of course I can't walk through without finding something else to purchase. Ridiculous I know, but the girls needed panties. I get to the front, check out and it's POURING, I mean sheets of rain. Now me no biggie, I realize we're both waterproof so I talk to one of the employees a bit and he advises against leaving, more tornadic activity is reported. Ugh, fine. I ask, knowing full well the answer, if he could watch Pixie while I run out and get her the fresh carrots I made for her that morning. No, I understand that the whole liability thing. SO, back in to purchase some baby food. Poor kid gagged and looked at me like are you for real lady? I feel bad, of all things I chose something with bananas in it. Ewww old bananas. I go to the cafe to feed Pixie and, well there's a Starbucks there. I order a latte and an oatmeal. Oatmeal with nuts and brown sugar. The lady hands me my latte and oatmeal along with a little bag of nuts, OK cool... and raisins. Not just raisins but brown ones, golden ones, and craisins. For real woman? The thought of putting them in my hot oatmeal for them to plump up and ugh. I was weak in my knees, thank God she didn't put them in the oatmeal for me. EEEKK> What a scary day.
Labels:
babies,
children,
eating grasshoppers,
Raisins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I would've had a heart attack right there and then in the middle of Target had I been there during a tornado warning. I freak out enough over tornadoes. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI don't blame Pixie at all for not liking the store bought baby food. Blech!
Glad you made it out of there! :)
Awe...Ur hilarous...Sis!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys are safe!
my DH is glad I made it out of there too I went through the checkout too many times
ReplyDeletelove you Vipha