My life a wonderful mix of light, love, laughter, trials and lessons woven with threads of God's faithfulness. It's the sweet life, it's my Chaotic Balance.
Monday, December 10, 2007
The sweetest words ever... best gift ever...
OK I am a mean mom I guess but we don't really "do" Santa ... yes by that I do mean that my kids won't be told that Santa lives in the North Pole and comes flying in on reindeer. I will tell them about St. Nicolas, I will also answer them truthfully if they ask me if Santa is real. I will teach them not to "ruin" the game for other kids, and I won't purposely burst their little bubbles.
Anyway, that being said we went to DH's Christmas party at work - the one for kids. And every year- well this is the last year, Santa flies in on the aircraft DH flies. Diva still remembers last years party and Santa coming and what not. Well this year I was helping out with the craft table and I set up a "reindeer food" table, it was fun the kids loved it and Diva even made one. When it was time for Santa to arrive all the kids ran to the door and Diva ran over to me and goes "Where is my reindeer food!?" LOL I said no he's flying in on something else this today. When it came time for Diva and Piglet to sit on Santa's lap I couldn't hear what she was saying or anything but Diva kept stroking Piglets face and hugging her. So sweet, well later I asked Santa what she said she wanted out of curiosity. He said all Diva said was that she wanted her sister, "I just want my sissy" and stroked her face... he asked if she was sure and she hugged Piglet and said "just sissy." I melted, what a blessing to know that she is so tenderhearted towards her sister. I know there will be times they will argue and fight, but I am glad that tenderness and love is in her heart. It was a wonderful gift for mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment