Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sigh... no more bums to fluff...

Wow... Piglet is out of diapers... I knew this day would come, I mean she's 17 months old. I have already either sold or stored the newborn and smaller diapers, I guess I was just holding off for a bit. But these were taking up a lot of room in the dresser. She does wear a diaper at night and during naps but having one diaper to wash a day isn't worth it for me. By the time the wet bag has enough diapers the whole lot stinks.





So here it is... ready to be put away. At first I thought I would sell them but then DH said I should save them just in case... hmmm, ok I thought we were done. But I guess he does have a point.

I think I have a little or everything... Pockets, All in ones, All in twos, fitteds, flats, prefolds, aplix, snapping, front snapping, side snapping, pre-fitteds.






Since my goal is to get organized I did move these over to two plastic tubs and even labeled them with my nifty label maker... and put lavender scented wood planks in with my precious wool covers and what not.









I did decide to tone things down and bit and got rid of things i don't absolutely love... so I am only keeping hemp inserts and my Daisy-Doodles doublers- Daisy-doodles are my FAVORITE AI2's. Speaking of favorites... my favorite pockets are Celtic Cloths very trim and bullet-proof. Nighttime, I have to admit I used an oldie but goodie, Fuzzi-bunz.
Most people have issues with buildup when they use pockets with fleece lining but I never had issues.




My favorite way to fluff a bum hands down is a flat- or prefold, a good old fashion pin and wool cover. I think towards the end I got a little bit crazy with the wool, I only kept a few favorites. Lindsay at Rainbow waters makes GORGEOUS sets and her wool is so very soft. The flame pants and purple soaker with the pink flower on the bum are both Rainbow Waters.





Her customer service is outstanding. Ah-may also has gorgeous sets.. Luxe has great fitting soakers also.
I prefer knitted wool to the crocheted , I think the knit is less bulky, it certainly uses up less yarn. When you live in Florida you just don't need that much cold weather wear.
I did find that my wool was bullet-proof once it was lanolized right.






Some more favorites. The Blue sushi shorts are Ah-may, the sock monkey shorts are kozy, the Miso cute shorts are made by buckaroo babies, and the bottom three are WAHM- Work at home mom.









A dear friend of mine made the cute Camo skirtie for Piglet, I loved putting her in that, totally soak proof and too cute. The other two pieces I used when Diva was a baby, they are both Kozy soakers/shorites. The first I ever bought when I started out using cloth.







3 comments:

  1. OH goodness look at that fluff! I am in love with all your sushi shorts and the monkey and well the list can go on and on! We still use it, wink, wink:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I might be persuaded to let go of a couple...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..i love your collection of wool. I am new to wool. Might you be persuaded to part with the lilac shorties with flower embroidery at the back and the flame longies? My email is christenetee@yahoo.com. I dropped by from diaperpin

    ReplyDelete