Thursday, September 27, 2007

Diva's open house at school

Tonight is Diva's open house for school, I am pretty excited since she's our oldest it's a "first" for us also. DH is home so he's going to be joining us, even if he doesn't see what all the fuss is about :-). He wasn't able to make it home for her first day of school and I was really bummed about that. I think that is more of a "mommy" thing to be excited about firsts such as that, I suspect he will be more excited for her first car or something that will give me equal amounts of stress to his excitement.
So far Diva has loved school the first week she was so excited each day, recently she has told me she doesn't want to go to school and she doesn't like it. She hasn't been able to give me a reason but when I drop her off she's running in to play and doesn't look back, I don't get her sometimes. Her favorite activity at school is playing in the kitchen center, this comes at no surprise to us, her kitchen set at home is one of her favorite toys.
I have noticed that since she has started school Diva is more vocal about what she knows. Like letters for instance if we are playing with her and ask her about certain letters she will point them out but since she has been in school she will point letters out to us and tell us what they are. So she must be learning something. She is learning Spanish and Sign language also. Today she tells me that September in Spanish is "Septembre". Good thing it was an easy one, my Spanish is quite rusty since we moved away from my hometown five years ago. I am interested to see the Sign language teacher and ask her how Diva is doing and what kind of signs they are learning. Diva has been signing since she was 6 months old and has an extensive ASL vocabulary for a 3 year old that is hearing and has no hearing impaired friends or family. Both she and Piglet signed before talking verbally. Although Piglet really isn't "talking" now, all she says is "uh-oh", grunts and when she's crying "mama".
Before we head out to the open house we'll have dinner here at the house, I attempted to flatten chicken breasts with my skillet it didn't work as well as an actual pound-er would have. SO our chicken Cordon blue will be stacked and not rolled, not that it matters I am not breading it because DH is in Phase 1 of the South beach diet. I wonder if he would be mortified that I used a
$100.00 skillet to pound chicken? Anyhow, Chicken Cordon Blue, salad and Pumpkin Spiced ice cream for dinner. DH will have his cinnamon ice cream made with Splenda, YUCK. Splenda grosses me out. But his ice cream doesn't taste too bad. Now the ice cream I made ... how can you go wrong with fresh pureed baked pie pumpkin, heavy cream, egg yolks, honey and a homemade chai syrup? You just can't. It's so SOOO good.
Off to preheat the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment