Saturday, August 13, 2011

The blessing of YES

The other day I took the girls to Ikea. The girls get to play while I browse and sit in the Cafe with my free cup of coffee and read. Kids eat free this month, so I got us all lunch for $2.79. This particular morning the girls were in Smaeland playing. I went to the cafe to get my coffee. I was standing at the register and the gentleman behind me said, "Oh no I forgot my cash in the car." I looked over and said to the cashier, "I'll get it for him." I wasn't thinking, but I did have a little cash and I know what it's like to forget a wallet or whatever. He said no, it was fine and I was like no really. I'll get it. Turns out it was 50 cents for a piece of cornbread. He thanked me and said "You're going to be blessed today". The power of words. It just blessed me all day. Such a small thing. I was glad I could do a small thing like that. That, and I'm so thankful I had enough to cover it. :0
Now on to the, ahem sparkly, busy shoes pictured up top. As a parent I say "no" a lot. I say "yes" also, but yes is so unspoken. I know that if we walked around saying yes to things the kids could do, each and every time. We'd realized we don't say no all that often. Of course there is nothing wrong with the word no. It's not a bad word, it's just the opposite of yes... OK tangent. Just a part of life and parenting.
 So, getting on topic. For three years now Diva has asked for Twinkle Toes shoes. We are not in a season of our lives where I can spend $50 on shoes. To be honest with you, even if we had the money I couldn't see spending that much on these shoes, they just... aren't my style. Regardless, I finally told Diva this year that if I could find some Twinkle Toes at a good price I would get them for her.  
The other day we were at the mall. I had to get some school supplies. Which by the way, I got some awesome deals-
Scotch tape was 50 cents and I had $1.00 off coupons- I got 50 cents credit, and lots of tape
Colored pencils and markers were 50 cents a pack each, with free pack of crayons with each of those
Packs of Papermate pens were 50 cents, I had coupons for $1.00 off- So more 50 cent credits
Gluesticks were 20 cents a pack
I had other coupons for crayons too.
I spent $9 and saved $11 in coupons and sales. WOOT.
OK, where was I? Oh yes, I decided to take the girls to JCPenny's because I got a $10 off a $10 purchase card in the mail. We walked by the shoes and the girls wanted to see them and try some on. Diva grabbed some Twinkle Toes up. They were on sale, for $39. Still more than I could spend on shoes. I told her she could try them on, but we couldn't buy them. I took them from her and noticed a little pink sticker on them. $13.80. I was like no way. So I took them up to the register and sure enough they were on clearance! So I told her I would get them for her. She was SO EXCITED and I was SO happy to get to say yes to her. I still get all happy when I think about it. That God would bless Diva like that AND give me the blessing to say yes to my sweet girl. Then Piglet wanted a pair- only because sister got some. The exact same pair, in her size. But they weren't on clearance. The pair that Diva got were the only ones there that were on sale, what a blessing. I only had to pay about $5 for her school shoes!
How awesome, I also got a surprise from Sweet Slings that after noon, you can see that surprise here.
 thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment