Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dear Jesus, send the gift of mind reading.

Sometimes I wonder just how it is my brain processes things. We've been married 9 years and yet there are times when I think, really? Did that just happen? Where did that come from?
DH is one of the most patient people you will ever meet, he's very... steady. Me? I'm all over the place. Cool, hot, not as constant as I'd like to be. Our differences, I think balance us out for the part and we work. Sometimes like a well oiled machine, and sometimes not so much. WD-40 please.
You would think that after 9 years of marriage I would know that DH can NOT read my mind. He never really HAS been able to, so I'm not sure where I ever go the notion that he could. Sure, you can know a person well enough to anticipate thoughts, decisions, and actions. But reading of the mind, not so much. 
Tonight I was doing dishes, DH was in the kitchen, and our conversation went something like this
Me- "What should I put that bread in to store it?"
DH- "just wrap it in a kitchen towel"
Me- "and put it in the fridge like that? It will get all dried out. Should I put it in a bag or foil or what?"
DH- "I don't see why a towel on the counter is going to be bad, people store bread like that."
He's right, we have done that before. But in my head I was thinking how muggy and humid the air was and how the bread might get moldy. 
Me- "I seriously think it should go in the fridge, what do you think I should put it in?"
DH- "I told you what I thought, you asked me what I think you should put it in, I told you a towel, that is my answer. If you want me to give you a different answer you need to tell me what that answer is."
And there you have it folks. This man knows me. As soon as he said that it was like, light bulb, DUH, moment. Seriously. Communication. He can't read your mind. When has he ever been able to read your mind? Oh, never.
Me- "I want... I want you to wrap it up or put it in a bag and put it in the refrigerator." Now I'm giggling. So dumb. Seriously. Poor man, thank God he's so patient.
DH- "why didn't you just ask me that in the first place?"
SMH.
Dear Jesus, thank you for my husband. Who, as we both know is not perfect ;). But more than that, we both know I am so very far from perfect. Please draw me near. Open my eyes, soften my heart and help me to communicate better... or  give my husband the gift of mind reading. <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment