Once the younger girls took their afternoon naps Diva was up playing a bit. We saw Faith Hill preform "A Baby Changes Everything", and I looked over at Diva and said, "Jesus really did change everything didn't he?" She asked me how, I said, "well, without Him we would not be able to go to heaven, without Him dying for our sins there wouldn't be heaven for us." We talked about it a little bit more, her little heart is just so precious and tender towards God. What a blessing she is, and as always mommy got choked up. How precious the gift God has given us, without Christ we have nothing, no hope, no future, no real joy. But WITH Christ, what a precious, precious gift. A gift that is so much more above and beyond. Not just hope, not just forgiveness, but true joy... salvation, adoption. Grace. God's Grace. I can't wrap my mind around it, but my heart is overflowing with it.
I'm so thankful for Christ, so overwhelmed, in awe and in love.
We sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, but it's Happy Birthday to us, we are the ones who are blessed above and beyond with His birth.
Happy Birthday Jesus. Thank you God.
I love the American Girl dolls. My daughter got Kirsten this year, as she is retiring. I hope that you had a wonderful day today. Wishing you blessings in the New Year!
ReplyDeleteSounds like y'all had a wonderful celebration of Christ's birth! :-)
ReplyDelete