Today Diva stayed home from school, her eyes were red and a little goopey, yes that's a word. So we decided to keep her home and see how she does, no insane itching or pain. But still. We had a fun day, we played and just hung out. Diva is on the dishes kick she loves to do dishes so I took a picture of her today helping out after lunch. Yes, she loves to dress up and wear pantyhose... I don't know where she gets it from. Not me. While she does dishes after meals, Piglet uses the best black Friday score ever, a little vacuum that cost me $9 one year. It's as small as a toy but it works and they love it. So she vacuums the dinning room. How long this will last is any one's guess, to comes and goes in spurts so right now I am going to enjoy that they want to help out. Piglet was in a Snow White dress but didn't want her picture taken. While this was going on I gave Pixie a wipe and she sat in her highchair and wiped it down, too cute.
While the two younger littles slept Diva and I started dinner, she made some Jello-O while I made our Favorite Spaghetti Sauce. We had spaghetti, cheddar biscuits, spinach and jello-o with fresh whipped cream.
After dinner I had some orders of Sipping Chocolat to fill so the girls played in Pixie's room for a bit. All of a sudden I hear Diva yell, "Mommy!! Piglet's Gastrocnemius hurts REALLY bad!!" OK... I had to ask her to repeat what she said. Then I rolled my eyes, they didn't see me I promise I was in the kitchen and told them to go let their dad know. Really? A simple, "her leg hurts" would have been sufficient. They love anatomy though, they love to "study bones with daddy", they ask him every night if he is studying bones and if they can learn them too. So they sit in his office and he pulls out the skeleton and they learn names of bones, some muscles, and other assorted tid bits. Diva likes to tell random people especially at school names of bones, I feel bad because not everyone thinks it's interesting and she says "sometimes they just don't say anything" poor kid. On nights when DH says he isn't studying bones Diva says, "Ok, I guess you have to do some Bio Chem." LOL
This picture of Pixie was taken not too long ago, she's just too cute. Her hair doesn't always look like this, sometimes it looks like...This.And then there's Piglet. I let the girls dress themselves unless we're going to church or some function. Some days I cringe and think, how on earth did you come up with that? They are so proud of their ensembles though. Some days when we drop or pick Diva up from school I see these little girls all dressed up so cute, pretty bows that match their outfits, hair all in place and I look down at my Boho Chic Diva who has a skirt or a dress on, EVERYDAY, if it's cold she has jeans or leggings on underneath and some kind of mismatched head piece or bow, and think I for a second, maybe I should give her more direction. These other parents must think we're crazy. The thing is I dress her a certain way when it's important to me. I buy her clothes so nothing too crazy is going to come out of the closet. The rest of the time how she dresses and looks is important to her, and she feels her... creations are pretty fantastic. So if you see a little girl with a red and white skirt, jeans on underneath, red and green knee socks and a pink top walk by you. Just know that she's one hip kid and has her own sense of style.
While the two younger littles slept Diva and I started dinner, she made some Jello-O while I made our Favorite Spaghetti Sauce. We had spaghetti, cheddar biscuits, spinach and jello-o with fresh whipped cream.
This picture of Pixie was taken not too long ago, she's just too cute. Her hair doesn't always look like this, sometimes it looks like...This.And then there's Piglet. I let the girls dress themselves unless we're going to church or some function. Some days I cringe and think, how on earth did you come up with that? They are so proud of their ensembles though. Some days when we drop or pick Diva up from school I see these little girls all dressed up so cute, pretty bows that match their outfits, hair all in place and I look down at my Boho Chic Diva who has a skirt or a dress on, EVERYDAY, if it's cold she has jeans or leggings on underneath and some kind of mismatched head piece or bow, and think I for a second, maybe I should give her more direction. These other parents must think we're crazy. The thing is I dress her a certain way when it's important to me. I buy her clothes so nothing too crazy is going to come out of the closet. The rest of the time how she dresses and looks is important to her, and she feels her... creations are pretty fantastic. So if you see a little girl with a red and white skirt, jeans on underneath, red and green knee socks and a pink top walk by you. Just know that she's one hip kid and has her own sense of style.
It sounds like our daughters would get along fashion wise. I allow Phia to assit in choosing outfits from the store to what she rocks daily. There are some days I'm not so sure but that's all part of showing their personality right? ;) J's hair does the exact same thing.. Crazy unless mama squares it up.
ReplyDeleteJust remember...Those kids who always look perfect? Their mommies dress them every morning. ;) They don't have the sense of independence yours do. :) Don't beat yourself up...their mommies are doing them no favors. Imagine what they will pick out in 20 yrs when they no longer have mommy to pick out their clothes every morning. LMAO!
ReplyDelete