Saturday, August 8, 2009

Have I mentioned latley just HOW good God is to us?

So very good. He is. He ROCKS.
First with renting our home out so quickly and now helping us find a place that is in an awesome location for schools! He even held this place for us until we found it! DH will be about 2 miles from school.
So, here's what happened- (I'm a Monk fan). We've been looking at houses to rent since we got here , are all older houses, not much is new here that is in our price range and in the area we want to live in. We had been getting pretty discouraged since what we did like had one or two people in line to rent before us and everything else was run down, smelled like smoke, mold or dog hair (Allergies). We had one house on our list that we couldn't get a hold of the landlord. The number listed was not working, we stopped by the
house and the people putting in new flooring said they would give our number to the landlord for us. Still nothing. DH finally did some detective work, looked the person up, found a number and an email address, turns out he's a retired Navy captain. Very nice man. Older and had just decided since no one was calling to rent he would put in some upgrades and sell the house. He and his wife decided that they didn't want to rent anymore. DH let him know the phone number on the listing was wrong and they talked a bit about DH's career and what he was doing currently. Then he said he would talk to his wife and see what she thought about renting again. Or as DH put it "I think he wants to rent to us but he needs to ask his wife before making any big decisions that will tick her off." (Not that DH knows anything about that *snicker*). Today they called us back and said they would be willing to rent the house out to us! I am so relieved. It's by far the best house we looked at and in a great location for us. The rooms are small, but we can work with them. The kitchen is non existent, so very small. Smaller than my last closet I think. Speaking of closets, they are small too. But there you go, we've got a place to live for the next three years at least and then maybe we'll buy. Whatever ends up happening God is so good and certainly watching out for us. I will get pictures once we move in so you all can help me brainstorm how to make the spaces livable on a small SMALL budget.
We do need to do something about the kitchen, we would love new cabinets that make use of the space better. Shelving in some area's/closets.
I am excited about paring down and living simply, just getting rid of things we really don't need. We have entirely too many things. This will be a good challenge and time of learning for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! God provides--ALWAYS! You would think that as much as He's provided for all of us all this time, we'd stop being "surprised" at His goodness and blessings, but I think it is good that there is always that "awe" everytime He does it, again and again. Lest we ever take it for granted. He is so wonderful, and I am glad that prayers about your living situation have been answered!
    Vincent is always tlking about you guys. Today, he was like, "I'm sad. Miss Friend and Uncle Nate." Awwwww! Love u friend

    ReplyDelete