Friday, March 13, 2009

Children/babies are a miracle and blessing...

Children/babies are a miracle and blessing ... I know you hear that a lot. But they truly are. How is it that you can be so enamored with them? Absolutely head over heels with in love. No matter how little sleep you get, :-). You think of how full your heart is, that you couldn't possible love anymore, and then another one comes along and somehow God makes your heart grow and your love multiplies. I am so blessed when I think about Pixie, it's amazing how God knows what He's doing. Sure I thought two kids were perfect for us, but I can't imagine life without her as a part of our family. With each of our girls I remember just staring at them as they slept or nursed. Studying their little features, formed so
meticulously by God, down to every last detail, every unique fingerprint. Their hair, skin, expressions...
There are times when Pixie is nursing where I will just sit and and look at her little hands and feet, I am just in awe of how she came to be. How awesome is God, I can't form the words or thoughts, all I can do is sit there rocking her and thank God and praise Him. It never goes away, I was that way with Diva and Piglet too. I am still that way with them. It's mind blowing. There are times that I know they were formed in my womb, and I know the biology and all that. Then there are times that no matter how I try to grasp how much of a miracle it truly is to have a cell turn into a blob of cells, then those blobs form organs that know their place and their job. The order of things. Sure it happens everyday all around the world. But we're not cookie cutter images, we're not all the same. Alike in so many ways, built for the most part the same but so unique that there is only one of us. Formed by a God of perfection in his vast wisdom. Not mass produced, but knit together. Every detail, every hair on your head accounted for. What IS it about man that you are mindful of us Lord?
To think that no matter how much I love my kids, God loves them so much more, loves me- US so much more. With such a perfect love. Faithful, kind, patient, perfect love.
Not only formed by God, these girls each have a plan specifically for them. Laid out by God in His infinite wisdom. I can't wait to see how He will grow each one of them. I am so fearful of making a mistake or not being all I need to be only to be reminded that all I need to be is in Christ. I will mess up, the girls WILL mess up. But God is with us. Ever faithful. Forgiving. Kind. I am so thankful for my girls. And God? I am, as always in awe. Speechless at the cross.



Jeremy Riddle- Sweetly Broken
To the cross I look.
To the cross I cling.
Of its suffering I do drink.
Of its work I do sing.
On it my Savior,
both bruised and crushed,
showed that God is love,
and God is just.

Chorus:
At the cross You,
beckon me,
draw me gently,
to my knees and I am,
lost for words so,
lost in love I'm,
sweetly broken, Holy surrender!

What a priceless gift:
undeserved life
have I been given
through Christ crucified.
You've called me out of death.
You've called me into life.
And I was under Your wrath,
now through the cross, I reconcile.

Chorus:
At the cross You,
beckon me,
draw me gently,
to my knees and I am,
lost for words so,
lost in love,
I'm sweetly broken, Holy surrender!

At the cross You,
beckon me,
draw me gently,
to my knees and I am,
lost for words so,
lost in love,
I'm sweetly broken, Holy surrender!

In awe of the cross I must confess,
how wondrous Your redeeming love and how great
is Your faithfulness!

Chorus:
At the cross You,
beckon me,
You draw me gently,
to my knees and I am,
lost for words so,
lost in love,
I'm sweetly broken, Holy surrender!

At the cross You,
You beckon me,
draw me gently,
to my knees and I am,
lost for words so,
lost in love,
I am sweetly broken, Holy surrender!


No comments:

Post a Comment