Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A good cleansing cry and today's blessings...

It’s been a while since I have cried. Ok wait I take that back, I did cry when DH was home and we were all watching Chronicles of Narnia and at the beginning of the movie when the kids were being sent away I bawled like a baby, sobbing, but that was hormonal. I mean a real good cleansing cry. I didn’t cry when DH left this time around, I was too busy keeping up with the girls I guess. I mean sure I have gotten teary when they cry, but again not a good cleansing cry.

Last night when I went to bed I was just thinking about how much I miss DH, and how good he is to us. Then the floods came and I was praying for DH and just crying out to God. I used a good amount of tissue and was so dehydrated after; my eyes were so puffy this morning. Of course it was a morning that I had a luncheon to go to but hey oh well. It felt good to cry out to God and to leave my fears and concerns and my DH at His feet, knowing that they are all in good hands. I needed that. I feel renewed.
Of course I was teary all day then. The luncheon was for spouses of deployed service members, the thing is they had a band there, Rockie Lynn and he sang some sad songs, so there again tearing up. What a sap. The luncheon was put on by a local radio station at Carrabas, great food, great music; I won a $100 gift certificate to a jewelry store and got flowers. It was fun. Diva had a Valentine’s Day party at school, I baked whole wheat carrot cake cupcakes with a to DIE for cream cheese frosting, I usually scrap off any frosting on cakes and cupcakes but this one is so good. When I picked her up from dance she said she had a fun time. After dinner I let her and Piglet open their valentine’s packages from an online swap I did for them. Diva was so happy she said “you’re friends sent some wonderful things mama” she’s such a sweetheart and so thankful. Piglet loved all the cards she got; she was so tickled and giggly.
I got a wonderful call from FIL (Father-in-law) this morning, I feel so bad I was in a hurry because Diva was late for school, but it was such a blessing and of course almost set me off again… but he goes “well really quickly I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you, wanted to make sure you were doing well... I am reading in Genesis about Isaac and Rebekah and I thought of you and how blessed we are to have you and we love you so much...” awww, Isaac and Rebekah and the story of water the camels was a big thing for me during college ministry, FIL never really knew that but It was a life chapter on service to others for me and one day before the wedding FIL, DH and I were sitting discussing wedding stuff and FIL who was marrying us goes I have been praying about what to base your ceremony mini sermon on and he goes on to say that he say Rebekah's servant heart in me, how I served in church and others... DH and I looked at each other and DH goes "uh dad have you seen her collection of camels?" LOL it was funny, he had no idea... anyway what a blessing he is....
Tomorrow the girls and I are going to stay in; I am going to make a simple meal, if I can stomach itJ. And we’re going to snuggle on the couch and talk about daddy and watch a movie. DH was so sweet in one of his emails he said I wish I could be there to hold all of you, so we’ll pretend he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment