Picture from Google.
This started out as a Facebook status... until Proverbs 28... then I thought, this is a bit too long :)
The beautiful thing about being known by my Father, through and through is that God says several times that we can return to Him. That when we stray, when we fail, when we fall. The throne of Grace is there, and we can run to it, into marvelous light, into unchanging, unfailing, never ending, faithful love. True fatherhood, perfect fatherhood. Abba Father.
New mercies, He knew I'd need them, everyday. He knew I'd need it, there, in black and white on the pages of his word, because He knew I would doubt, that I would fail, that I would turn from him. That there would be times I would feel that I had gone too far, that there's no way God could possibly forgive me again. He knew that in those times I would need the reassurance of His love, in black and white. Over and over again. Even though I don't "feel" him, it's a promise of his word that if I draw near to him, he will draw near to me.
Such crazy, frustrating seasons in my life. Sometimes it's hard to see the mountain tops when you feel like you're just in the stinking valley all the time. And half the time, you put yourself there because if your nonsense. (Insert *I* as in the writer of this post for "you", "your", and "yourself"). Then I turn. It's like coming up for air sometime. Realizing though that, you don't have to get back into the water. Most times you shouldn't get back in that particular water. Run the race, sure, run it well, run it with Jesus. I just need to follow my Savior. And not necessarily my heart/feelings.
Lamentations 3:22-23 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon
Proverbs 28:13 Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
Psalm 86:4-5 Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.
Psalm 103:8-12 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.
Psalm 86:4-5 Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.
Psalm 103:8-12 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.

No comments:
Post a Comment