Sunday, April 1, 2012

Answered prayer.


Diva, when she was 2 days old?
Today. The prayer that I have prayed over Diva, the most. The prayer that I have prayed for her since before I was married, since before I knew who I'd be married to, since before she was conceived, the prayer I have prayed in earnest for and over her. That prayer has been answered. At 12:30ish today, April 1, 2012 Diva prayed and asked Jesus into her heart. PRAISE GOD.


After church in the car she asked me what communion was, that she wasn't exactly sure. We talked about the last Passover feast that Jesus had with the disciples. Talked about his sacrifice. Talked about being separated from God. That sin separates us from God. Sin is not following God's rules, disobeying him. The price of sin and how no man could ever pay it. We talked about Jesus, his love for us.Who and what (fully God and fully man) he is. 
Later as I was starting to make lunch she came up to me and said, "Mommy, after you make lunch can we go to the bed and pray." I dropped everything I was doing and we went to her bed, Piglet came too. We talked more about Jesus and what he did for us. We read scriptures and she said she wanted to pray to accept Jesus into her heart.
We prayed. SHE PRAYED. To HER Savior. To HER Lord. Angels rejoiced. Thank you so much Jesus, for your love, your sacrifice. Thank you,  Heavenly Father for sending Jesus to pay a debt she/we could never pay. Thank you Holy Spirit, for stirring her heart, for drawing her near. Thank you for your gift of salvation. 
After I went to make lunch (OK, we called FIL first), Diva and Piglet stayed in bed and read from her bible.
We've talked about salvation, and what it is. What Jesus has done for us. It was just waiting, for understanding. I guess conviction. Piglet prayed with us. She actually waited until Diva and I were done and she said, I prayed too, quietly, in my heart. I asked her some questions about what we were praying about. If she knew what it meant. If she understood what she was praying. While this is absolutely between her and God, I wasn't sure she understood with conviction. This all goes back to this post here. And how ridiculous my little brain is when it tries to wrap itself around God's great mysteries. Perhaps today was/is her day of salvation. Who am I to say? I will continue to pray over and for all my kids just the same. That they would grow to love God with all their heart, mind, and soul. That they would be women after His heart. That they would live to love and honor Him.

Dear Jesus, help me. Help me to guide her. To teach her your ways, to wash her with your word. To love her as you would have me love her. Put a hunger and a thirst in her heart that you and only YOU could ever satisfy. Help her Lord to become the rest of the prayer I have prayed so hard for her, which is to become a woman after your own heart.

2 comments: